Trossen Desktop RoboTurret Top Banner

Thread: EZ-Robot?

1. EZ-Robot?

Hi guys. In another post I stated that I don't have a lot of programming experience and was looking to build a robot with some features like voice recognition etc. Budget isn't a huuuuge concern although I wanted to keep it somewhere around $500ish. I found a company called EZ-Robot online and it seems like they have a great piece of software that works with a pretty powerful little board. My challenge is that I haven't been able to find any information on it on this forum or others so I wanted to start a thread and see if everyone can give me their insight. I mean a kit that comes with software, controller, 5 servo's sensor and camera $235 doesn't seem too bad of a price. What do you think?

Thanks!

Images

Re: EZ-Robot?

Wasn't there a longer thread here? Or was it here? I'm somehow subscribed to this one but my post appears to be nuked.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"

There were definitely more posts when I last saw this thread too...

Based on those other replies, roborobot, why not just buy it and find out for yourself?

I have to say though, doing robotics without wanting to learn programming is like wanting to race a car without learning how to drive. Bear in mind that there'll probably come a time when you'll want to do something their software suite won't allow you to do.
    Last edited by Th232; 03-29-2012 at 11:46 PM.

4. Trossen Distance Sensor  Thread Banner
    Images

There was a bit of a misunderstanding so I gave the thread a mulligan.
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics
    Join the Robotic Combat Revolution @ Mech Warfare!

6. Re: EZ-Robot?

Quote Originally Posted by Th232 View Post
    I have to say though, doing robotics without wanting to learn programming is like wanting to race a car without learning how to drive.
    Too funny! Im hoping it will be more like wanting to race a car without knowing how to build the engine from scratch though! Im sure there will be a time when I will want to do something with it that the software won't be able to do, however from the looks of it there is a way you can use C or visual basic to program within the software. I'm hoping that if that time come's I will be able to utilize that in order to continue growing.

Thread Information