Trossen Distance Sensor  Top Banner

Thread: NUKE and Test Drive

1. NUKE and Test Drive

When using the NUKE test drive button, moving the sliders moves my robots servos to fixed positions and then stops. However, from the NUKE introduction video (seen here around 7:00 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biA7AhWRvpU), it looks like it is supposed to give continuous motion. Is there something I'm missing, or doing wrong?

Also, I noticed that two of the robots legs seem to work fine, but the other two don't work as expected. I looked into nuke.cpp, and found this:

int mins[] = {286, 518, 234, 289, 209, 254, 274, 0, 160, 301, 210, 132};
    int maxs[] = {701, 589, 794, 732, 815, 805, 739, 512, 759, 709, 816, 750};

I'm assuming that these are in servo id order (1-12). This would explain why two of the legs (servos 1,2,3 and 7,8,9) are not working correctly: they either have very limited ranges (518-589 for servo 2), or abnormal ranges (0-512 for servo 8, compared to the others which have 210-816). When configuring the extremes I took extra cafe to make sure that the the legs all had roughly the same exteremes, so why would some of the them have completely different values?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Images

Re: NUKE and Test Drive

You are correct in assuming those are the limits for servo 1-12 in order.

You may have messed up on one of the servo's when doing pypose, i had to do it several times the first time i went through it to get everything correct. You could manually edit the servo's to have similar values to the other legs that are in the same configuration. On my quad i manually edited these values after the fact, but be careful since you could run your servo's into another part of the robot and damage them.

3. Re: NUKE and Test Drive

Thanks for the help. Part of the problem was that two of the attachments for our motors were added at 90 degree angles from what "neutral" was.

However, I have found that on startup, when the robot tries to "stand", the legs move far outside the min and max values (legs will touch, even though I calibrated to make sure it couldn't happen). Is the standing postion the same as neutral, or is it something else? If its something else, is there a way to configure it? Thanks.

4. Trossen Force Sensor  Thread Banner
    Images

Re: NUKE and Test Drive

Quote Originally Posted by meakero View Post
    Thanks for the help. Part of the problem was that two of the attachments for our motors were added at 90 degree angles from what "neutral" was.

However, I have found that on startup, when the robot tries to "stand", the legs move far outside the min and max values (legs will touch, even though I calibrated to make sure it couldn't happen). Is the standing postion the same as neutral, or is it something else? If its something else, is there a way to configure it? Thanks.
    There are dozens of ways the configuration could be wrong -- the fastest way to get to the bottom of this is to post your .ppr file and a picture of your robot in the neutral pose.

-Fergs

Thread Information