Trossen Arduino Top Thread

Thread: MWScore Sensitivity

1. Question MWScore Sensitivity

Hey,
    I recently assembled our teams MWScore system and I have a couple questions. All four of the pads work when I use my fingers to trigger them, but they require quite a bit of pressure. With our custom airsoft gun, however, we can't trigger it even from point blank.
    There is a possibility that our airsoft gun doesn't have enough power (we are going to look into that), but I was wondering what kind of pressure should be required to set off our sensors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
    Devin

Images

Re: MWScore Sensitivity

We need more information. What type of guns are you using? How are you powering the guns?

3. Re: MWScore Sensitivity

We are using an AEG ABS Gear Box (http://www.handhelditems.com/airsoft...b2-p-8198.html) with a custom barrel on the end. We are powering it from a Lipo Battery with a voltage regulator regulating it to ~8V. Hope that helps.

4. Trossen Desktop RoboTurret Thread Banner
    Images

Zapus, that is the same gearbox that most of us are using. I run mine at 7.2 V, so I doubt the voltage is an issue, although some have had trouble with BB feeding at higher voltage. Could you be loosing pressure from the piston? If it doesn't seat good with the BB's the air could blow by.

Everyone has been making various kinds of "Hopups" to hold the BB and seal to the piston nozzle. From machined aluminum to 3D printing.. How are you doing this??

edit.. Also make sure your regulator can source about 3 amps.. at that voltage it should be firing about 10 shots per sec. If it's slower, perhaps the reg is starving the gun.

Gary
    Last edited by gdubb2; 04-15-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Team Maggot---Mechs. "Bheka" (retired), "Maggot Mk.3(A)"
    " Keep your stick on the ice ".... Red Green

6. Re: MWScore Sensitivity

Our amperage is fine as we are getting 10 shots per second. To prevent this issue we have 5 regulators in parallel. I'm not very experienced with the gun, but the guy in our group that is working on it seems that think that our seal could be the issue. Thanks for pointing that out.

I just wanted to confirm that the issue was indeed our gun, and not our sensor plates not working as intended. It would be bad to get down there and have them not work. I can flick them with my finger and they work, but do you know of an easy way to test that they are the right sensitivity? My thought would be to go to the store and buy a commercial airsoft gun. Should that be powerful enough to set it off?
    Thanks,
    Devin

Images

There is really nothing to adjust or change.. if they trigger with a flick of the finger or a squeeze, they are OK.

We've been using these plates since finding out that our system for year one didn't work. And the guns we used in previous years we're a lot less powerful than these.
    Last edited by gdubb2; 04-15-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    Team Maggot---Mechs. "Bheka" (retired), "Maggot Mk.3(A)"
    " Keep your stick on the ice ".... Red Green

Images

Make sure you have your FSR Panel 3-pin cables plugged in correctly. Plugged in backwards and they can produce some odd results.
    Andrew Alter
    Trossen Robotics
    Join the Robotic Combat Revolution @ Mech Warfare!

Thread Information