Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My mech biped

My mech biped

Hi to all the community Trossen Robotics, this is my first post on this forum! I like robots! They are models, anime, games or robotic! Lately I notice a rapid expansion of hexapod robots, multi-leg! With subsequent involution of biped robots. Hoping to get more people involved in the development of bipedal robots I decided to post pictures of my last robot with video! See you soon!

Images

Re: My mech biped

Great looking robot! Do you mind if I ask, what kind of microcontroller are you using? And is that a functioning airsoft gun?

Hello Lupulus! You are the firstin welcoming,thank you! use the MR-C3024 controller(ROBONOVA)and the weapon works!

When I heard "biped" I thought it was walking. Still, those wheels are a pretty slick way to emulate the "rocket pack" mode of transportation :-)

Images

It can walk too, if you look at his other youtube videos!
    Welcome Ostrogoto, you should introduce yourself on the introduction thread

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...oduce-yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    Still, those wheels are a pretty slick way to emulate the "rocket pack" mode of transportation :-)
    I did not want full control of boost! Turning the robot in a robot RC! I used the tape on the wheels! Drifting style!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupulus View Post
    Welcome Ostrogoto, you should introduce yourself on the introduction thread
    Ok I will!

Hi all! I started the construction of a new biped robot! I decided to post here my work! In Italy, the robot is only at the university level! Few people see robotics as a hobby!
    This isn't my first biped robot, I made several !
    This last model I dreaming to make it in the future with a cnc! But these days do not allow expenses! So I make the human cnc ! (n_n) / (I try)!
    In carrying out this robot i decided not to use aluminum as the primary material! I used plastics, carbon fiber, aluminum, trying to keep the weight of my robot! At the end of the post will insert some photos and a video, with the eye of the robot in motion. In previous projects, I never cared position of the wires, switches and electronics, this time before start the programming i want everything to be in order, without haste, but very quietly! Until next time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Robot+gamba01.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	4291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Robot+gamba03.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	4292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	robot_sistema_link_04_original.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	4293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	robot_link_system_12_original.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	4294

YouTube ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Blog ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Mechitalia ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Google+ (n__n)/

Images

Hello !
    I actually found your video last night on youtube. Great robots. I too am a serious Biped enthusiast and also notice the shift of interest over to the quad and hex scene but it isn't for me, I even built a quad walker had it sitting on my bench and after a couple of weeks disassembled it ! I like your robots blue cylon style scanner in the head. I built a similar red cylon style head and mounted yesterday. I think a big part of the reason the quads and hex are gaining in popularity is people find it easier to use them for mechwarfare, and they are easier to get to walk. At the risk of getting flamed I will say this I have been into the mechwarrior video games since MW2 and I do
    no ever recall seeing a 4 or 6 legged mech they are all BIPEDS ! One of the coolest and my personal favorite Bipeds I have ever seen was
    Giger built by Tyberius and I read on here that Giger was even recycled into a hex. Im saving up for my next project it will be an MX-28t based Biped with cnc machined brackets. any way great stuff, best wishes.

Hello Ron! I agree with you 100%! There is a kind of blight of the biped robot! Many have gone from bipedal robot multi legs, certainly for the convenience of programming, where difficult multi leg capsize! I am crazy for mech I love also the biped robots! Following the trend I built a hexapod but with only 4 servo! Shortly before the last mech warfare also I have seen the new hexapod of Tyberius, and I commented that continuing to this way you could rename "hexapod warfare" Tyberius did not respond, we hope not to be angry! (n_n)/ Thanks Ron for moral support! Expect to see even your Bipeds Mech and the next!
    YouTube ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Blog ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Mechitalia ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Google+ (n__n)/

Images

Took me a few days of hacking , tweaking, modding, swearing but got him walking you can watch the video Here.

Thread Information