Thread: Need help

1. Lightbulb Need help

Hey,

I am an university student, involved in a project regarding human facial recognition and affecting robot. The robot will get emotions with reflection of human from facial detection. For example, if the person is happy, the robot will dance. If person is sad, robot will feel sad and then cheer her/him up.

I am using to Bioloid Pre Kit type A with controller 510. In the project, robot will get inputs (any number standing for different emotions) directly from pc instead of pressing numbers manually by RC 100. For example, if human is happy, the corresponding number is sent to robot automatically in pc and robot will dance.

Therefore, i am wondering if i could use another software other than Roboplus to achieve so that i stilll can use RoboPlus Task to program motions as well as using the other software to establish communication and virtual input.

Any idea are welcome =) Thanks in advance!

Images

Re: Need help

You can program the motions using RoboPlus Motion and create a controlling program on the CM-510 using RoboPlus Task. You can then use any software that you want on any OS you want to send data to the CM-510.

If you are using the RS-232 serial cable or ZIG-110, Robotis provides a software library for both Windows and Linux to easily send and receive the wireless packet through any serial port. If using a ZIG-110 on the CM-510, you will also need a USB2Dynamixel and ZIG2Serial adapter to connect the paired ZIG-100 (that is normally in the RC-100) to the PC usb port. If you are using the BT-110, then you should be able to use the BT-100 in the ZIG2Serial+USB2Dynamixel exactly as you would a ZIG-100. Since it is bluetooth, you should also be able to use any bluetooth dongle (or built-in bluetooth module in a phone/laptop) as an alternative to the BT-100+ZIG2Serial+USB2Dynamixel (when paired and connected, it should just show up as a serial port - not absolutely sure about that since I don't use bluetooth much).

Best of luck with recognizing human emotions via facial recognition.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    [git][mech][hack]
    gives free advice only on public threads

3. Re: Need help

Hi,

I have done RoboPlus Motions and Tasks as well as the wireless communication between RC-100A and robotis using Zig100 sets, they all worked. Not yet tried to connect Pc with Robotis.

My confusion now is how to send commands/Inputs (not Dynamixel commands to control motor but virtual input like from RC 100) from other software in pc to CM 510, it is okay i control it with cable. Could you give me some links or tutorials that i can read and get any clue??

Thanks very very very much!!
    Last edited by tjj_365; 06-15-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Images

Re: Need help

Quote Originally Posted by tjj_365 View Post
    My confusion now is how to send commands/Inputs (not Dynamixel commands to control motor but virtual input like from RC 100) from other software in pc to CM 510, it is okay i control it with cable. Could you give me some links or tutorials that i can read and get any clue??
    The zigbee SDK downloads that I linked in my last post contain code examples for multiple code languages for Windows and Linux. The Robotis zigbee library itself if written in C.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    [git][mech][hack]
    gives free advice only on public threads

Thread Information