Thread: Bioloid Simulator

Question Bioloid Simulator

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows of simulators or bioloid models for some of the bigger simulators (gazebo, webots, v-rep, etc.) that would be conducive to a project using genetic algorithms for humanoid gait development? The main constraint on the answer is that this all has to be done in about 5 weeks, so I'm hoping to find something where much of the model and simulator development are complete and the simulator can run headless through many trials for fitness evaluation. Any information you might have is greatly appreciated!

As a side note, I have looked for simloid, but that seems to have disappeared off the internet (who knew such a thing was possible these days) and the bioloidcontrol project which has a similator but hasn't been updated in sometime so I am having a little trouble getting it to build on Ubuntu 12.04. That's why I figured I would ask the experts. Thanks.

Regards,
    Matt

msandertar Guest

Re: Bioloid Simulator

Did you find some simulator? I am also seeking a simulator for a project like your project. Regards,

Images

Re: Bioloid Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows of simulators or bioloid models for some of the bigger simulators (gazebo, webots, v-rep, etc.) that would be conducive to a project using genetic algorithms for humanoid gait development? The main constraint on the answer is that this all has to be done in about 5 weeks, so I'm hoping to find something where much of the model and simulator development are complete and the simulator can run headless through many trials for fitness evaluation. Any information you might have is greatly appreciated!

As a side note, I have looked for simloid, but that seems to have disappeared off the internet (who knew such a thing was possible these days) and the bioloidcontrol project which has a similator but hasn't been updated in sometime so I am having a little trouble getting it to build on Ubuntu 12.04. That's why I figured I would ask the experts. Thanks.

Regards,
    Matt
    I am also finding the same to use with ROS.... can any one help?

Thread Information