Thread: Getting software for the Seeedstudio Bluetooth Arduino Shield...

1. Getting software for the Seeedstudio Bluetooth Arduino Shield...

Hi,

How do you get the most recent software from seeedstudio.com for the bluetooth shield sold here at trossenrobotics.com? What I am downloading from seeedstudio.com does not compile.

-thanks

2. Re: Getting software for the Seeedstudio Bluetooth Arduino Shield...

I finally found something that would compile using Arduino 1.0.2, but it took me several hours of looking. If you follow the seeedstudio.com wiki and use the latest Arduino SDK you will not be able to compile the bluetooth shield code. But if you go to the end of the wiki you will notice there is a link to bluetooth shield code with "Arduino1.0" in it's name. I downloaded that code and it compiled (I actually found the bluetooth shield Arduino 1.0 code in a seeedstudio.com forum post). It is not obvious and there is no explanation. But it looked good to me after reading some of the forum posts regarding the errors generated from the older bluetooth code from seeedstudio.com.

I wasn't expecting this. I'm thinking Arduino 1.0 and greater versions have been out for some time now and that any seeedstudio.com wiki would be upto date. I'm thinking we could add some text here locally to explain that there are multiple version available from seeedstudio.com and that it (probably) depends on what version of the Arduino SDK you are using which bluetooth shield code you should download and compile.

-thanks
    Last edited by st2000; 12-09-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Thread Information