Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

Images

Re: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

Here is my third pass at the user modified 4dof PhantomX. I've increased the compliance slope of the servos to smooth out the remaining jitter due to the speed of the AX-18s. Tibia is reworked so there is less weight on that segment, Femur has the most weight now. Tweaks to the default angles of the legs as well. This version is much slower so I can see the tweak to the compliance slope. Next steps are to re-attach the turret I posted many weeks ago. I have a few functions that compensate the turret aiming to the body rotations. So that should be fun to get back in and turned on. My apologies Tyberius I had to give the tarsus a bit of a "hair cut."

Last edited by KevinO; 02-04-2013 at 02:55 PM.

2. Re: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

Kevin,
    I picked up a PhantomX in december and have been playing with the code also. I have broken the original code down into seperate libs to make it a bit easyer to digest and seperate the inter-dependencys.
    Then added a terminal interface so I could explore what is happening. To make the bot more responceive, I combined the servo code from several files and created a ISR to drive the AX servos .

I thought I saw in this thread that you have worked on the AX speed control, do you still endup waiting the 100ms or so in the main loop?

Images

Re: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

I haven't used the original code in a while. I've been running a version of Kurt's Phoenix port. So unfortunately I'm not sure what delay you are referring to. You should check it out on his github. It's pretty nice!

4. Re: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

The delay is in the code i pulled down back in January, the main loop waits till it it time to make the next move when walking.
    Do you have the link to the new code?
    Cheers

Images

Thread Information