Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

Re: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

This will be great. Right now playing with Quads. Currently doing most of my work with the Quad based off of the Venom Hexapod by Orion Robotics: http://www.orionrobotics.com/Walking-Robots_c_108.html as well as some using a lynxmotion body. At some point will also try out some of the ideas on the PhantomX as well .

More details up on the thread: http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8524

Don't want to hijak this thread, so will post more details later on an appropriate thread

Kurt

Images

Re: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

Sounds Great Tyberius !

Kurt, I have a Hex_Cfg ready to go. Though with the recent news maybe we should hold and wait for the Mark II legs and do a proper Hex_Cfg for it? I'm pretty sure the Tarsus settings will need to be adjusted. :P

Also just for prep you will need to fix a typo in the PhantomX Hex_Cfg.h Using your GitHub as reference it will be line 326:

Code:
    #define cTarsst    720    //4DOF ONLY
    should be:

Code:
    #define cTarsConst    720    //4DOF ONLY
    It won't compile for 4dof if this is not corrected. I'll check my notes for any other changes I needed to do. My version has the turret code interlaced into it in several spots. Similar to how Zenta did his A-pod code. So it's a bit tricky to simply diff against your github. (I really should have branched from you.)

Max height will need to be adjust as well. Though we should wait on that.

Images

And for anyone following along at home 720 isn't the correct number either... at least that's not what I settled on.

Images

Hey Kurt I took a look at the AX_driver code over lunch. That's definitely the right way. Sometimes late at night I have pretty bad coding standards. :P I'll try it out this weekend to verify.

Images

So this weekend I switched the coxa and femur brackets out for F4 brackets in order to free up the mechanical limits. The gaits are much better. It appears with the extra 4dof, reach actually matters. I was going to shoot a movie but the voltage warning went off so I took a quick picture. It's a netflix night so it'll probably be tomorrow before I can shoot the video. Feel free to ask any questions. FYI The tarsus is off again since the angles need to be tweaked.
    Cheers,
    Kevin Ochs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4_Brackets.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	4477  

Images

So here is the video of it walking and doing the body movements. Kurt, I've tweaked the commander input code to add a "hula" function which is just a translate and rotate of the body mixed together. Tarsus angle is where I want it for this type of leg configuration. The coxa, femur and tibia are all withing 80-90 millimeters with the addition of the F4 brackets, the tarsus with my foot pads comes in at a wopping 145 millimeters. Still way to long... though it is working. Anyway enjoy the video!

Looks good. I really like the other 4 legged creature in the video.

Should go ahead into integrate your changes into the code base. Not sure if you simply downloaded the sources from Github or if you setup a github account and forked it. If the later, I know there are ways the you can request for the changes to be merged in... I am still pretty new at this Github stuff so I don't remember the details, especially since I went to the windows github software...

Kurt

Images

I use CVS to manage my revisions. Old school I know... I'll look into github. Also there is another sketch linked off the product page as well. It appears to be based off of the revisions you and Zenta did but I'm not sure. I didn't look to much into it to see how old it was. We might need to update that.

Quick question Kurt. Why don't we use the sine and arccosine functions in the math library? I know the tables provide speed but it might give more accuracy. The arbotix 644p should be able to handle it. Just a thought.
    Last edited by KevinO; 01-22-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Hi Kevin,

As I said I am pretty new to github... Before I retired, I used some other in house Source Mangement Code which we used to call: Slime...

Not sure about the accuracy of the sine functions and the like on the Arduino, you can always try. I believe on the earlier Basic Atom Pro code that the tables were more accurate, but not sure here. As for the power of the Atmega 644p, It probably has less power than the Basic Atom Pros which run at 16mhz (BAP28) or 20mhz (Arc32) and they have hardware 32 bit math... But then the code ran on an interpreter... (Unless I used my C version for the Arc32...)

Kurt

Images

We use Accurev (3rd party tool) here at work. It's powerful but sometimes it takes longer to promote the code than it was to actually write it. :P

I've used the sine and arccosine functions in other projects but maybe the frequency in which we call the tables would be a bit much.

Thread Information