Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

Images

Re: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

I wanted a "tucked in" look when on the floor and noticed it a while back but it wasn't in the loop. Since the tarsus need to be perpendicular to the floor this little function is the only way to get both. So i threw it back in the loop and with a bit of tweaking it works great!

Images

Re: A modified PhantomX to add another degree of freedon running Phoenix software.

So quick update. I noticed the tarsus angles on most gaits were well within the AX default compliance slope. Which if looking carefully you can notice they just jumped to the three up leg positions. I used a simple for loop that Kurt mentioned in an old post but I don't believe implemented in his development of the Phoenix software for the PhantomX. I have it in the ServoDriver::Init

#define CustomCompSlope = 64

for (byte i = 0; i < NUMSERVOS; i++) {
    ax12SetRegister(pgm_read_byte(&cPinTable[i]), AX_CW_COMPLIANCE_SLOPE, CustomCompSlope);
    ax12SetRegister(pgm_read_byte(&cPinTable[i]), AX_CCW_COMPLIANCE_SLOPE, CustomCompSlope);
    }

Sounds good. I will probably hack this in to the main code base. May for example move the definition of CustomCompSlope into your Hex_Cfg file. and then in the main AX12 driver file put that all under ifdef like:

Code:
    #ifdef CustomCompSlope
     for (byte i = 0; i < NUMSERVOS; i++) {
               ax12SetRegister(pgm_read_byte(&cPinTable[i]), AX_CW_COMPLIANCE_SLOPE, CustomCompSlope);
               ax12SetRegister(pgm_read_byte(&cPinTable[i]), AX_CCW_COMPLIANCE_SLOPE, CustomCompSlope);
        }
    #endif
    Kurt

Images

Just to reiterate, this is probably not needed unless you are moving a few degrees. The jitter cause by the compliance slop was only apparent in certain situations. For example, on the tarsus joint in the middle legs when walking forward. On the three upleg positions the tarsus was 3 degrees, 9 degrees, 3 degrees. Since that is within the compliance slope and the my tarsus is so long it looked like jitter with each step.

Images

Why send NUMSERVOS*2 individual packets over just sending a single sync write or broadcast packet?

Images

Upgrayd,

Are you saying something like this? Yep, that would be simpler. Assuming 254 is the broadcast ID. (It is right?)

Code:
    ax12SetRegister(254, AX_CW_COMPLIANCE_SLOPE, CustomCompSlope);
            ax12SetRegister(254, AX_CCW_COMPLIANCE_SLOPE, CustomCompSlope);

You might get away with the broadcast like you mentioned. Or you could do a Sync write, but that is a little more complicated.

That is: my function ServoDriver::CommitServoDriver in the Phoenix_Driver_AX12.h
    Does a Sync write. You more or less have to build the packet yourself. Personally I think this is more important in cases like this where things are done a lot and timing is important and the like. For your Init case I don't think this buys you much.

Kurt

Images

True. It's not like it's in the loop. One time in setup.

Images

So Kurt I've made some good progress controlling the servos directly. (Turning g_fAXSpeedControl back on.) The gaits are looking smooth. Which is great because in this mode we don't need to call interpolateStep a dozen times. :P

CalculateAX12MoveSpeed neededs to be tweaked. For one the lowest speed limit isn't really what we want. When a small angle change is caculated it drops the speed way to low and the pose becomes out of sync, the result is a very wiggly robot. The entire speed calculation needs to be normalized to the current gait/action. Also that mysterious 848 number isn't static, it needs to be variable.

- For body translations we need to move as fast as we can to keep up with the joystick movements.
    - For gaits we need to bring it down so we give the poses time to interpolate.

I'll let you know when I'm finished so you can take a look.

Sounds great. It has been awhile since I played with that. It is good to see someone is having some luck with it

Kurt

Thread Information