Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: having issues with programming my phantom x ax-12 hexapod.

having issues with programming my phantom x ax-12 hexapod.

ive had my ax-12 hexapod for about a month. got some help getting it to operate on an initial basis. it did walk and turn and all that good stuff but it was fairly sloppy. in the most lifelike walking gait the right side had legs that smacked eachother when walking that would inevitably turn the robot right and if left without input it would turn directly in a big circle and never walk straight. now ive tried updating the coding to the phoenix coding and i finally imported it and uploaded it to the robot (after commenting out the PS2 controls of course seeing as im not using a PS2 remote) and the robot just stands there limp. it wont even stand up. i love the fluidity of the phoenix code that i have seen but can anyone out there help me to get it running like its suposed to?? ive been steady at it for about 4 weeks now and im lost on how to get it to run on anything other than the stock programming!

Re: having issues with programming my phantom x ax-12 hexapod.

I guess the question is what Phoenix code are you using? What are you using for Input. If you are using my Phoenix code from my Github\kurte account? The most current code is in Arduino_Phoenix_Parts project.

One of the Examples you can load from the Phoenix library is the PhantomX_Commander_AX12_Stock project, which is setup to hopefully use a Stock AX-12 with the Commander. Note: The servos will be limp until the commander is turned on and the PhantomX starts to receive valid packets.

Kurt

hey kurt. i just reread all the pertaining info and activated the comander as the appropriate controller and now im getting this series of errors when i try to compile the code. i think you and i have had these issues before when i first bought the hexapod i cant remember if we spoke over the phone before or not. but heres the series of errors im getting now.

phantom_phoenix_work_in_progress.cpp:185:22: error: PS2X_lib.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from /Hex_Globals.h:9,
    from phantom_phoenix_work_in_progress.cpp:187:
    BioloidEx.h:40: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef struct transition_t transition_t'
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Bioloid/BioloidController.h:41: error: 'transition_t' has a previous declaration as 'typedef struct transition_t transition_t'
    phantom_phoenix_work_in_progress.cpp: In function 'void setup()':
    Phantom_Phoenix:325: error: redefinition of 'void setup()'
    AX_12_PhantomX_Hexapod:18: error: 'void setup()' previously defined here
    phantom_phoenix_work_in_progress.cpp: In function 'void loop()':
    Phantom_Phoenix:408: error: redefinition of 'void loop()'
    AX_12_PhantomX_Hexapod:47: error: 'void loop()' previously defined here

i really wish i had more programming knowledge i could figure more of this out without getting a headache. but im trying multiple methods to get it running. i can always go back to stock but i still would like to try more fluidity that you get with the phoenix code.

i also just tried to use your most recent code from the github.com website you mentioned and i came away with more error codes

ketch_feb03a.cpp:35:23: error: BioloidEx.h: No such file or directory
    sketch_feb03a.cpp:39:21: error: Phoenix.h: No such file or directory
    sketch_feb03a.cpp:40:37: error: Phoenix_Input_Commander.h: No such file or directory
    sketch_feb03a.cpp:41:33: error: Phoenix_Driver_AX12.h: No such file or directory
    sketch_feb03a.cpp:42:26: error: Phoenix_Code.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from /Hex_Cfg.h:75,
    from sketch_feb03a.cpp:37:
    PyPoseGen.h:19: error: 'transition_t' does not name a type
    PyPoseGen.h:20: error: 'transition_t' does not name a type
    PyPoseGen.h:23: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '*' token

and just a note i have placed all of the associated files into the sketch but it just wont complie. i have looked thru it and i cant figure it out =/

Images

Give us a quick breakdown of where you put the directories. Kurt's stuff should just work right off the bat when using the stock config. I used it before I switched my PhantomX to 4dof.

Images

Those errors sound very, very familiar, but my brain is jello right now. A possible checklist from the other phoenix thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by tician View Post
    0) followed the readme instructions for copying everything into the sketchbook's library folder
    1) copied the arbotix folder to the arduino/hardware folder (1.0.1) and selected the arbotix as the board (had some out of scope errors until I remembered to fix that)
    2) renamed "Hex_Cfg.h" to "Hex_CFG.h" to match the include
    3) changed the include for "BioloidEX.h" to "BioloidEx.h"
    4) renamed "BioloidEX.cpp" to "BioloidEx.cpp"

No idea if it actually works well since I don't have a quad or hex (there are still a butt-load of warnings for some of the Phoenix files - "only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area").
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

i copy all the extracted files to my desktop and i had tried opening the arduino sketch and copying everything to the sketchpad (maybe i am dumb) but then i also attempted to just try to put all pertaining files to the commander and xbee as well as the phoenix into the sketch. tried mix matching the old and new codes. tried adding it to the original phantom x sketch and still nada......

Images

I wouldn't do that. That's probably your problem. Keep the structure the way Kurt has it. If everything is setup correctly you can simple go File -> Sketchbook -> etc till you see the stock config. Don't try to consolidate anything.

just tried what you said. i dropped it all into the folder in my docs and opened it up via arduino and i got the same errors as associated with the original program. i tried to rename the file headers to match and i STILL got the same error codes......

Images

So it showed up in the sketchbook and you picked PhantomX_Commander_AX12_Stock? The only thing I do slightly different is the BioloidEx.* and the ax12.* have their own directories in the main arduino library.

Thread Information