Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Up and walking with NUKE, next steps?

Images

Re: Up and walking with NUKE, next steps?

My quad is walking much better now. These posts have been very helpful!

Using "Test Drive" in Pypose calls up Commander.py, and passes it the correct port for communicating over XBEE. The default Arduino sketch created by Pypose/NUKE sets Xspeed and Yspeed using the packets sent by Commander.py. However, it seems that the speed values sent are by default extremely low. I put in a *5 multiplier for Xspeed and Yspeed in the main Arduino sketch. Much better! I also increased Trantime from the default 98 to 131 by changing "#define STD_TRANSITION" in gaits.h. This makes each step longer in time and distance. Finally, I gave the quad some rubber booties cut from a sheet of rubber gasket material.

The idea of accelerating slowly is great. Starting up the amble at full speed is super jerky. I can manually slide from a slow speed to a faster speed in Test drive. But I'd like to tweak the code to do this automatically!

2. Re: Up and walking with NUKE, next steps?

Lupulus,

Can you post a new video? I'd love to see the changes.

In terms of implementing acceleration, the way I did it was to set my "currentSpeed" when it starts moving to some fraction (around 20%) of the speed indicated by the joystick, and then once per cycle increase that until it reaches whatever the joystick speed indicates. Of course, you have to check for joystick changes every cycle, and update your current and max speed accordingly.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay, inventor of Smalltalk

Images

Re: Up and walking with NUKE, next steps?

Here's a new video! Sorry for the unstable camera work...dog was being nosey...
    One other arduino sketch weak, changed the line "Rspeed = -(command.walkH)/250.0;" to "Rspeed = -(command.walkH)/50.0;"

Thanks for your help Jon! Did you add your acceleration code in the main arduino sketch, or the nuke.cpp, or somewhere else?

4. Re: Up and walking with NUKE, next steps?

That looks so much better! Nice job...

Roz was autonomous in my video, so it had a main sketch controlling it, including setting the desired and actual speed.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay, inventor of Smalltalk

Thread Information