Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: PhantomX controlled by a Raspberry Pi

Re: PhantomX controlled by a Raspberry Pi

Looks good. How is the performance with the color mode?

Kurt

Images

You mean CPU load? Color and IR are rather cheap. Depth is a bit higher due to the processing of the data for visualization. All three running pings the CPU to 100% So I'm setting up a meter for the brightness to switch back and forth from color to IR.

Yep, Sounds good. I remember from a previous posting that when you were using the color and depth it was hitting over 70 percent, so I was wondering if you found any secrets to decrease the CPU usage.

Kurt

Images

So next steps is to use the depth map and the color/ir images and color shift things closest to farthest. Then I will add my text overlay of voltage and a few other surprises to the image before final stream output. That way I will only need one video stream that is a composite of the three. I've already been able to use the pixel intensity of the color image to comp the IR image into the dark/shadowy areas. I just need to finish the color fill based off the depth map with a bit of an alpha so the image can still be seen.

Images

I've made a bit of progress on the Heads Up Display for Charlotte. I can switch between vision modes and started on overlay graphics using openCV. I've hooked in a few simple things that are easy to get like voltage, XBee transmission and vision modes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CharlotteHUD.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	4697

Looking good!

Images

Here is a simple video of Charlotte as she stands today. It is a test of the interrupt call I've been working on. Which ironically you will here a click of me turning it on after it doesn't halt while in front of the cone. :P I setup the option due to the fact that sometimes the legs trigger the detection if they pass to close to the sensor. Which commonly happens when I'm doing a full stick rotate.

Images

So a quick update. I'm working on object tracking now since collision is working well. The Raspi is starting to show it's limitations. Doing any analysis of the sensor data is really slow. Tracking my hand or trying to follow a ball ends up really maxing out the CPU. I've dusted off (literally) a fit-pc2 that is Intel Atom 550 - 2,000 Mhz / 2Gig of ram with a SSD drive and I'm in the process of bringing it up to date with Linux Mint 13. It is a bummer that I might not be able to use the Raspi but I still have a ton more development to go and need the extra power.

Great seeing your progress Kevin, look forward to more videos of Charlotte.

Pity you may have to use an alternative to the rPi. Have you seen the UDOO board on kickstarter, although not planned for release until September so doesn't help you now, looks an interesting proposition.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/435742530/udoo-android-linux-arduino-in-a-tiny-single-board?ref=live

10. Re: PhantomX controlled by a Raspberry Pi

In terms of "very small yet very powerful and nearly cheap", I'm going to try the ODROID-U2 (quad core 1,7GHz arm cortex A9). Even if it's probably less powerful than your current Atom board, the size is very attractive
    You also have the more connector-packed X2 version that might be of interest to you.
    ---
    Personal blog: http://xevel.org
    USB2AX documentation: http://xevelabs.com

Thread Information