Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mech Warfare: Gun type

1. Mech Warfare: Gun type

I have a question about the type of gun that you can use; can the gun type that you use be an automatic with a belt system? Like the M249. Or do you have to have to have a Carousel Magazine? Also, at our Walmart, they don't sell the gearboxes and I wanted to know where to get tem online. Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Hunter03; 04-19-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Images

Re: Mech Warfare: Gun type

That is a huge gun. Think smaller. Remember it has to fit on a robot that can carry them. Look at the automatic hand guns.

3. Re: Mech Warfare: Gun type

I was trying to show you the ammunition feed system of which I am thinking about using except that I don't know if it is allowed. But if I was planning to use a large scale robot for military uses or defense I would probably have a variety of weapons to choose from. But I am planning to make one for Mech Wars with a small, automatic style weapon (if they allow it). I am also curious about where to find them online (the gearboxes) because we don't have them at Walmart. So I am still wanting to know if belt systems are legal for a weapon system (Mech Wars). Also what type of gun you can use.

you can go "defender" by chopping off the uneeded parts from a hand held automatic pistol or take apart a large airsoft gun to get the gear box and hop up mech. . . . . . or go to toyeast.com (at school so can't link) and they should have a few for right at $15 or so, basically RC tank turret guns. personaly thanks to some assistance by my new friend byi he helped me out and gave me his old gun. it ended up not working so i made a mutant gun using "defender" parts and gearbox parts works amazing though

if the loading system doesn't leave behind anything it uses then its legal and any aeg/electric airsof or nerf gun can be used. u prob should've put this under mechwarfare thread also the rules are there

6. Re: Mech Warfare: Gun type

So you can't use a belt system then. Can you use a carasel magazine type ammunition loader then? I checked the rules but I didn't see anything about the loading system, maybe I missed it or someting.

7. Re: Mech Warfare: Gun type

Also I tried the toyeast website but is said "Not Found. HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found."

you can't use a belt system then
    You can use a belt system as long as all the belt parts stays within the bot. You could have a collection bin, say.

However, I have a hard time seeing how a belt would help with airsoft pellets. We're not allowed metal ammunition even in the hardcore league, so something like a .22, where belt ammo would actually make sense, would be right out. (Not to mention require a class III FFL :-)

What function would the belt fulfill that a funnel-type feeder wouldn't?

9. Re: Mech Warfare: Gun type

So a funnel type feeder would be more helpful?

10. Re: Mech Warfare: Gun type

Also I was thinking of using that system because it might prevent jamming of the BB's because they system will grab the belt and pull it through. This is why I chose the belt feeding system.

Thread Information