Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Participant Geographic Locations

1. Participant Geographic Locations

Since participants are affected by the recent closing of RoboGames, I have taken locations of players for referencing. In hopes of seeing new event organizers or simple hangouts between players with/without their mechs.

If you would like to be included or removed, just post so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	usa-map-1.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	4638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Player Map.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	4796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Player-Map.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	396.3 KB 
ID:	6093  
    Last edited by Fanatic; 08-12-2015 at 01:33 AM.

2. Re: Participant Geographic Locations

You should probably color code based on user status (ie with functioning mech or without). I'm doing only mechanical design, code, and research for the foreseeable future (only when I'm confident I have as much as I can figured out will I start construction). Point being, I am not a "participant" (yet) but I don't think users without mechs should be entirely removed from the map. Nice idea by the way.
    Last edited by fractura_laniatus; 04-23-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: stupidity

Images

Re: Participant Geographic Locations

No offense to anyone listed, but only veteran competitors or people who have submitted a prequal video should be included. If we had every person who's said they're building a mech over the last 5 years listed, the entire map would be covered in dots. The purpose of this would be to coordinate regional practices with other competitors, so if you're going to build one you can see registered people and reach out to them, but no need to list people who've not at least prequal'd. Just my two cents, thanks for the effort!

Edit: fractura also makes a good point, but I was going for simplicity.

4. Re: Participant Geographic Locations

Very good points and idea guys. With different status people with functional mechs can spar while still letting others without a mech have the possibility to watch/learn from each other/ or simply hangout with like minded individuals.
    Last edited by Fanatic; 04-24-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius View Post
    If we had every person who's said they're building a mech over the last 5 years listed, the entire map would be covered in dots.
    Indeed. I'm one of the worst at actually finishing things. Lots of ideas, but little ever completed. I hate my brain, and it hates me. I need to shut up and sleep before my brain craps out on me further. Maybe start some more drum and bass therapy, too.

Also, very very glad I do not live that far south in Georgia. Athens has been pretty bad for my sanity, but it's an Alexandria/Baghdad/etc. compared to 'deliverance'-land.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

i did qualify due to technical issues, but i was at the competition with a fully functional mech and participated in exhibition matches. i would be very happy to practice with nearby competitors. i live near NYC, in case you are willing to include me.

imho, including all participants in the map (maybe a separate one) would be helpful. it might encourage more collaboration.

Or just color code "not qualified" vs "qualified."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    Or just color code "not qualified" vs "qualified."
    I think this is the best choice.

I would be in the not qualified area, then. My location is Richmond, Indiana

CogswellCogs - In lovely Malven, PA. 50 miles west of Philadelphia. Does one MechWarfare competition make me veteran ? You're damn skippy it does !

Thread Information