Thread: Hexapod MK2 - Servo not responding as it should . Dead zone, and wrong readings.

Hexapod MK2 - Servo not responding as it should . Dead zone, and wrong readings.

Hi, I received my Hexa MK2, a few days ago. all god,
    I already followed the assembly guide.

1- Uploaded the sketch for MK2, and
    on the STARTUP POSITION, one leg goes all cramped, the Servo ID 9 , is not going to the expected position as all the other legs.

2- Uploaded the Sketch of PyPose, to do some debuging.
    I can see that ALL SERVOS ID are OK (1 to 18), tested one by one, doing read pose, and set pose for different range of values.

3- Servo ID 9, is out of range shows 1023 in the same position all the others servos show 0, and jumps from 1000 to 500 when moving the servo by hand,
    When initialazed the MIRROR SERVO on the other leg, goes to 640, in the same position the servo 9, shows 60 when captured the pose .

any ideas ?
    Which tool I should use to debug this, or rewrite all the settings on the servo 9. ?
    All this test, were done , removing the xbee on the arbotix, connected FTDI to USB cable, using Ubuntu 12.04, Arduino 1.0.5,
    the errors on the Servo 9, exist with Sketch PyPose, and also the mark2 skecth
    best regards
    Eze

Images

Re: Hexapod MK2 - Servo not responding as it should . Dead zone, and wrong readings.

Did you verify you installed the servo in the correct orientation and with the horn pointing in the correct direction when attached to the frame? It sounds like the horn was rotated from its correct orientation when screwing the frame into the horn, and/or the servo was rotated such that the horn rotates in the opposite direction of how it should.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh
    more bleh

Re: Hexapod MK2 - Servo not responding as it should . Dead zone, and wrong readings.

Hi, thanks for the fast reply,
    all looks good, as orientation, and horn pointing, is the only servo misbehaving.
    I will deattach, and check all this, if there is another position I will try it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    SOLVED.
    I disconnected the servo, the horn was rotated, I moved it a little bit, re attached, and now is all good.
    As I uploaded the firmware MARK2 and all when to the rigth position.
    THANK YOU for the fast help

Thread Information