Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: compiling Phoenix code for Stock Hexap M2 on linux troubleshooting

compiling Phoenix code for Stock Hexap M2 on linux troubleshooting

hi,
    I been trying to compile the ported Phoenix code for the Stock PhantomX .Im using a Installation of Ubuntu 12.04, Arduino 1.05.

1- the hexapod works fine with the Stock code, all the gaits, and everything fine . ( to get here first I have to troubleshoot Reseted servos ids, and fix many servos that I installed incorrectly. )

2- To be able to upload on arbotix , I download the arbotix code,
    https://code.google.com/p/arbotix/downloads/detail?name=arbotix-0015.zip
    a) the subfolder : arbotix/hardware/arbotix copy to ---> ~/Sketchbook/hardware/
    arbotix/libraries copy to ---> ~/Sketchbook/libraries
    but with this i was having some issues (do not remember what exactly), so I copied the folder arbotix/libraries to
    my arduino installation on /usr/local/arduino-1.0.5/
    with the first folder I was able to see the Arbotix and Arbotix w/Shield on Boards menu .
    with the second i was able to load de bioliod libraries, etc. the firsts version of Kurt Phoenix code download from github
    https://github.com/KurtE/Phantom_Phoenix
    (this code is not ready for the stock phantomx, so i have to do some changes, to compile and upload )

3) After reading in the post that the last version of the code is on this folder :
    https://github.com/KurtE/Arduino_Phoenix_Parts

a) Copy the
    Arduino_Phoenix_Parts on ~/Skechbook/libraries/
    first issue is I have to change all the FOLDER NAMES and REMOVE SPACES AND '_' characters, so it can load it.
    b) copy the subfolder ./Arduino/Phoenix_Parts/Phoenix/PhantomX_Commander_AX12_Stock
    to my Skecthbook folder ~/Sketchbook/PhantomX_Commander_AX12_Stock

When I open the .ino, and try to compile I get this errors:
    "...In file included from Hex_Cfg.h:75, from PhantomX_Commander_AX12_Stock.ino:36:
    PyPoseGen.h:20: error: ‘transition_t’ does not name a type
    PyPoseGen.h:21: error: ‘transition_t’ does not name a type
    PyPoseGen.h:24: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
    .."

for what I found in another thread, for some reason is not being able to load the bioliod libraries, specifically this file BioloidController.h

At some point i tougth that may the arbotix libraries were updated after this code was posted, so I try to remove the arbotix 15 libraries, and download the arbotix 14 code (https://code.google.com/p/arbotix/do...4.zip&can=1&q= )

I was able to pass this error, but got some new errors.

Any ideas or recommendations to be able to do pass this errors? or I should just install on windows?

thank you in advance to everyone,
    thank you KurtE and all others for all your work , it is very much appreciated

Re: compiling Phoenix code for Stock Hexap M2 on linux troubleshooting

It could be that the Arbotix people changed the format of the Pypose information. I probably should remove all of this from the default version of the sketch.

You might try going into Hex_Cfg.h about line 71 and either comment out or remove the line:
    #define USE_PYPOSE_HEADER

This will remove the code and the like that can process fixed poses, which probably most don't care about as no real working ones were made for this anyway.

Kurt

hi Kurt, thank you for the help,

I copy some of the folders (inside arduino_phoenix_parts_master) to the sketchbook/libraries without being nested on a grouping folder,

and now is all good and compiling.
    thanks

we keep going ...
    after uploading the phoenix code on the arbotix,
    the startup position is all INVERTED , I assumed at first that I assembly all incorrectly or missed some alignments, I checked all horns position, and servos ids, all looks good. (the body is inverted, but this it shouldn't bring any problems)
    Also with the STOCK sketch generated by the NUKE, all looks good. and all gaits work correctly .

I also toke a screenshoot to show what pypose shows for all servos for the first photo.

I wonder if there as a mistake on the the code downloaded from here
    https://github.com/KurtE/Arduino_Phoenix_Parts
    ( for everyone that downloaded, was a straightforward upload and done ? )
    or on my not understanding, im compiling extra folder or libraries that I shouldn't, or mixing up some code paths)

look at the photos .
    any suggestions ?

cheers

PS: this is the same hexapod that my friend martin, uploaded for another posting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130617_170437.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	4822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130617_171108.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	4823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130616_101449.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	4821  

Images

The code is for a mk1 not a mk2 as you have. Kurt doesn't have a mark 2 so you will have to flip the servo directions in the code as well as add the offset angle of the tibia. There are posts about this but I'm in a meeting right now so I can't search for you.

Hopefully soon I will have an MK2 setup. If someone has the MK2 configuration information, send them to me/post them and I will try to integrate them into my github project.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO View Post
    The code is for a mk1 not a mk2 as you have. Kurt doesn't have a mark 2 so you will have to flip the servo directions in the code as well as add the offset angle of the tibia. There are posts about this but I'm in a meeting right now so I can't search for you.
    great, I will look for this post .

KurtE, as soon I have a working .cfg I let you know, if not someone send you the files first.

cheers
    Eze

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO View Post
    found this http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/ar...hp/t-6028.html & later http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?6030-Mark-II-running-Phoenix-code-first-go/page3
    is the information I need , thanks
    Last edited by ezex; 06-17-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Images

This thread has some more info in it:
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?6030-Mark-II-running-Phoenix-code-first-go

I
    never got it to work on mine though. I got sidetracked and never got around to working on it further.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
    This thread has some more info in it:
    http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?6030-Mark-II-running-Phoenix-code-first-go

I
    never got it to work on mine though. I got sidetracked and never got around to working on it further.
    Hi, thanks for the info,
    already did all the changes recommened in 2 posts, but something is missing, I modified some more stuff, but didnt get to the rigth configuration.

The only MARK 2, with the new version body, working with phoneix I found, is the one from KingPin,
    I will see if KingPin can post more of the changes.

Thread Information