Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sponsor a building. Move a city. Help MechWarfare.

Sponsor a building. Move a city. Help MechWarfare.

I enjoy this community, and I appreciate all the hard work Andrew and crew devote to it. My time, however, is completely booked (did I mention that my DRC team finished second, so now I get to play with a REAL Atlas !?!?).

I still want to support Mech Warfare. I propose a "Sponsor a building" campaign to help move our arena city from California to Chicago. I'll donate $200 for the right to provide and affix a small sticker or plastic sign (say 8"x2") to the side of one of the buildings. Maybe the "CogswellCogs Library" right there in the heart of Mechopolis.

Does this work for you, Tybs ? Anyone else want to own a building ?

- CogswellCogs

Re: Sponsor a building. Move a city. Help MechWarfare.

I think this is a great idea! I think there are some of those kinds of signs in the arena already.

An interesting mechanism might be if there was a bidding war for some defined number of sponsor slots. Each year, someone could bid to buy one or more slots. Whoever owns the slot can "increase" their bid -- the previous purchase price is credited towards the bid, whereas newcomers would have to out-bit the incumbent "from scratch." This would give some long-term love to those who get in early, without making it a "pay once and benefit forever" deal.

I like that. It takes some book keeping, but it gets some ongoing donations.

Would also sponsor a building. Maybe a nuclear reactor...

Are we talking billboards on the buildings, or the whole building itself?

I was thinking about a sign on the side of the building. As if to advertise what businesses were located in that building. Small enough that a few signs could be present without looking overcrowded.

Yeah, that sounds cool. Billboards could also be an idea. Maybe for when space on the building face runs out, or maybe as a cheaper option. It would be totally cool if you could commission a whole custom building if you paid enough. I've done a handful of scale landscape modeling for table top war games, it's not too hard to build something out of foam core board and polystyrene.

Cogs, this would have very few buildings actually sponsored, due to Mech Warfare being not very well known.

K1LD4R, that is some strong foam you're using if it can take airsoft fire without a large amount of damage.

But bullet holes make them more badass, right?

Has anyone chronographed their mech's guns? They aren't supposed to be super powerful to avoid damage to the scoring system anyway.

What are the current buildings made of?

The AEG's are known to at least spiderweb acrylic, which is WAY stronger than foam. It would be cheaper in the long run to make the buildings out of something stronger than it would be to make them out of cheap foam.

The only benefit I could see to the foam would be the realism with the mechs in the computer games being able to take a building down to the ground, even though we're not supposed to intentionally shoot at the buildings.

Thread Information