Thread: Can't control Phantom Hexapod via ArbotiX Commander v2.0

Can't control Phantom Hexapod via ArbotiX Commander v2.0

Ok…I seem to be stuck. I can get the Hexapod to walk via the FTDI connection using the PC Virtual Controller, but I cannot seem to make it work with the AboriX Commaner v2.0. I have a Mac and have used Moltosenso to check and set the XBEES. (although the baud rate kept resting to 19200 until I changed using the node settings instead of the terminal window) When I run this program I can verify the Commander XBEE and see some return data when I move the joysticks. (Although it seems like strange characters.) I have tried reloading the GeekDuino with the Commander from Aduino but still no joy.

Anyone have any suggestions….if not I have to go back to work defeated on Monday. ;-(

Re: Can't control Phantom Hexapod via ArbotiX Commander v2.0

Ok so with a little more poking around a got this working with my Mac. Earlier on I made the mistake of setting up the XBEE's with the XBEE Config Tool . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XBEE_Config.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	5150
    It only gives you two choices 19200 or 57600. I set it for 19200 until I read more that it needs to be set at 38400 to work with the Hexapod. So I finally found the Moltosenso program after poking around some more. I found that I had to change things in the Node mode not the Terminal mode. Also the trick was that I had to "set" and then the kicker was you MUST "write permanently" or it will reset once you pull power. Once I changed the "BD Interface Data Rate" under the "Serial Interfacing" Parameters and wrote it Permanetly it held the settings. Once I powered up the units then I could see the "comm" LED on the Hexapod firing quickly on and off.

Yea!! Now I can watch football tomorrow and scare small animals. ;-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MoltosensoNetworkManager.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	5151

Re: Can't control Phantom Hexapod via ArbotiX Commander v2.0

I'm glad to hear you got it figured out. I've actually played with the idea of creating an app to help set the baud / ids for mac /linux users (something VERY limited, just sets defaults based on our robots). I've had mixed results with Moltosenso, but I might give it another try and add your notes to the xbee configuration page.

Thread Information