Thread: New member.Need help with i-sobot

1. New member.Need help with i-sobot

hi. I'm a new member to the forum, and need a little help.

Several months ago i bought a used i-sobot on ebay, for my son. When i got it, it worked fine, so i removed the batteries and put it away. Yesterday, i decided to wrap itfor Christmas, so i put batteries in it and decided to try it out to make sure it was working correctly.

For some reason, the left arm is now 180 out, when he stand in a normal position, his left arm is up instead of down like the right arm. When I put him in the zero position, the left arm is facing backward, and there is not enough adjustment in the clamp to make it correct. He executes punches and chops correctly, and he performs his startup routine correctly, but the left arm always returns to the straight up position.

Its almost like the software has somehowe lost the proper coordinates for the home position of the left arm.

Does anyone know if there is some type of master reset that will return him to factory specs?

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can try?

Does anyone know if there is a place that repairs the i-sobot?

Images

Re: New member.Need help with i-sobot

The I-sobot is relatively old at this point. Checking through google I found a link to the old I-sobot http://www.isobotrobot.com/eng/. The page seems really out of date though, and the phone number for service doesn't show up on my computer. I am confused by the fact that the robot seams to perform poses and actions properly, but then returns to the wrong position. Seems like the software is actually sending the wrong values for the base pose, but the right ones for everything else. Over on Robosavvy there was a forum a few years back for people who wanted to hack the isobot. http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12. Didn't have time to go through the whole thing, but you might at least be able to get in touch with some other I-sobot users. Hope this helps. DB

3. Re: New member.Need help with i-sobot

Quote Originally Posted by darkback2 View Post
    The I-sobot is relatively old at this point. Checking through google I found a link to the old I-sobot http://www.isobotrobot.com/eng/. The page seems really out of date though, and the phone number for service doesn't show up on my computer. I am confused by the fact that the robot seams to perform poses and actions properly, but then returns to the wrong position. Seems like the software is actually sending the wrong values for the base pose, but the right ones for everything else. Over on Robosavvy there was a forum a few years back for people who wanted to hack the isobot. http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12. Didn't have time to go through the whole thing, but you might at least be able to get in touch with some other I-sobot users. Hope this helps. DB

Thank you for the info. With all other humanoid robots costing a small fortune, I thought there would still be an active community working with it.

Images

Re: New member.Need help with i-sobot

Best of luck to you finding a solution.

DB

Thread Information