Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mech Warfare 2014 State of the Union (Pssst. I'm back!)

1. Re: Mech Warfare 2014 State of the Union (Pssst. I'm back!)

We'd be game to help make a Mech Warfare event work at the 2015 RoboGames, even coming from the east coast.

Re: Mech Warfare 2014 State of the Union (Pssst. I'm back!)

They sent out another update suggesting all the events are on:
    http://robogames.net/events.php
    This list includes Mech Warfare.

Images

I was literally just getting on to post and find out whether Mech Warfare 2015 was a go or not. I'm assuming it is, given that our venue is back?
    -parallax

Count the Columbia team in for any 2015 event, Chicago, Robogames, or otherwise.

I haven't heard anything from Andrew, so I wouldn't be quite as optimistic just yet.

6. Re: Mech Warfare 2014 State of the Union (Pssst. I'm back!)

Started digging on this today as I'm in progress of getting my mech done and was excited to see mech-warfare listed on the 2015 games list. BUT, since Andrew was still listed as a contact I reached out to him to check on a few questions I have and he said he's not involved with Robo Games 2015. So, I checked with Robo Games asking them what the deal is since the mech event is still listed and here is what i just got back:

"As of now, it's not happening. If the new owners of the arena want to do it, we will - but I haven't heard anything from them."

Looks like the mech event is so far a no-go even-though it's listed...

Chris

Images

Quote Originally Posted by nvrdunn View Post
    Started digging on this today as I'm in progress of getting my mech done and was excited to see mech-warfare listed on the 2015 games list. BUT, since Andrew was still listed as a contact I reached out to him to check on a few questions I have and he said he's not involved with Robo Games 2015. So, I checked with Robo Games asking them what the deal is since the mech event is still listed and here is what i just got back:

"As of now, it's not happening. If the new owners of the arena want to do it, we will - but I haven't heard anything from them."

Looks like the mech event is so far a no-go even-though it's listed...

Chris
    There is going to be at least one official Mech Warfare event for 2015, although we have no immediate plans of organizing for robogames. Hopefully we can be back there in 2016.

8. Re: Mech Warfare 2014 State of the Union (Pssst. I'm back!)

Saw some of the posts about the one that will be hosted at the WV college, wish I could make it. Looking forward to when there is an event back here on the west coast. Looks like my son will be entering a Lego bot in the Robo Games, getting him started early. If there is event an event back here on the West coast I more than happy to assist with the event.

9. Re: Mech Warfare 2014 State of the Union (Pssst. I'm back!)

Looks like based on the email exchanges today both with Andrew and the folks at Robo Games, the Robo games site has been updated and the mech warfare events have been removed.

Thread Information