Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: PhantomX using a Teensy 3.1

Re: PhantomX using a Teensy 3.1

I'm thinking 2.4mm aluminum. To get a good cut, you'd need to glue it to a sacrificial and use that to clamp, though. Something like Mitee-grip might work.
    Water-jet or laser might be more appropriate, though. Aluminum is hard to laser, stainless steel is reportedly easier (there are 200W lasers that claim to do 16g stainless.)

Quote Originally Posted by JonHylands View Post
    That's what I did with my MicroPython board, but its a lot of work.
    I've updated the board to revision 2, which is currently (as of this morning) being shipped to me from SeeedStudio in China.

I ordered the stencil from OSH Stencils ($12.47), and I use a reflow oven to do all the surface mount parts.
    Yep - your boards look great. My boards from Seeedstudio arrived today at my mailbox. Hopefully later today I will be able to go into town to pick them up.

So far the ones from Seeedstudio look fine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teensy-0.2-both.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	5411
    As you can see one next to one of the purple ones from OSHPark

Images

Hi Kurt,

Awesome!
    Your boards look great! The OSHPark looks great with the same color as the Teensy 3.1. So you've tested them all ok?
    I'll order some boards soon too, and the parts from digikey. Its the BOM list from the TeensyBrd02.zip right (post #73)? And using the board files from post #74. Just to be sure.

Sorry to hear about your broken bodyplate. It looks like its a bit different material than the PhantomX MKI I have. You should be able to do a temporary fix?
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    ---------------------------------
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Thanks Zenta,

Testing? I have done a little. Still need to try out the new one on the AX-12 servos, to make sure the diode is not causing a problem. If it is, will simply remove it. Will try to do more later today or tomorrow on this.

Yep, the material between MK1 and MK2 is very different. Will try to do a temporary patch on it, until I get a replacement.

Will check later today on the zip files. When I was doing some testing yesterday, I started to wish I put a button on it, to use in cases like to stop a test. I did put one on the one with a shield (not sent out yet to fabricate). Would not be hard to add one to this board design. Let me know if you would like me to do so, before you order. Also on the other board, Eric over at Lynxmotion wanted me to go to rounded edges, which does look a little nicer. Again let me know if you want me to play with that as well?

Kurt

P.S. - Now back to literally playing in the dirt. Finish putting the foundation wall in for shed yesterday, using 16x8x8 blocks and 10 80 pound bags of concrete. Now to start assemble the floor of the shed.

Images

Sounds like you've got your hands full of projects..

The button sounds like a good idea for testing, for me its not necessary though. Adding an external button isn't that hard.. I'm not in a hurry since I'm still working on MorpHex MKII, so take your time. When it comes to round corners, well that's just cosmetic, do whatever you feel like.

Thanks!
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Yep - lots of projects to keep me busy. Need to go out and install walls on shed now.

But for the fun, I tried the Teensy on the Quad using the Nuke sketch. I had to make a few minor changes, like not have the Commander library hard coded to use Serial. Instead put some #defines in the library that defines which object to use... Also had to fix the main sketch to actually call command.begin instead of Serial.begin. Now my quad is walking using the Teensy. So it looks like it is working.

I hacked a little last night on the current design with button and rounded edges:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teensy-3.1x-breakout-brd-3D.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	5417

I probably won't ordering new ones for myself, but if you like these changes, I will update the zip files to match and run through my normal tests first...

The only other thing I would consider, is the power connector. Actually these new 5mm ones are working good for me, but the first 5mm ones I purchased were different, they need for the holes for the connector be moved farther in to the board, and you first solder in some looks like big male connector that then I assume you press the connector over this and it locks in.

Kurt

Just in case I made the gerber files, checked them through viewmate and fixed a couple of issues (silk screen overlapped boundary of board)...

The included zip file has gerber/drill files, Actually two coppies of the drill files (one .xln the other.txt) as the two places have different naming convention. There is an others folder with Schematic and Layout files, plus Excel document with parts list.

Edit: Removed zip file as Excel file was wrong...
    Last edited by KurtEck; 03-11-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Images

Thanks for sharing Kurt!

A question; what's the R11 and R12? NC value? Looking at your schematic they are simple pull-up for A4 and A5. Is there a reason for no value or are they optional?
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Images

Just ordered one batch of 3 boards and 3 Teensy3.1 all purple form OSH park. It was a bit strange that I couldn't order both the Teensy board and the PCB board on the same order. X-ing fingers for free shipment of the boards to Norway, lol. Next step is to order parts from DigiKey.

EDIT, and the parts are ordered. Looking forward to it.

Again, thanks for sharing Kurt! Saves me a lot of time.
    Last edited by Zenta; 03-06-2014 at 05:34 AM.
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Thread Information