Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: PhantomX using a Teensy 3.1

Images

Re: PhantomX using a Teensy 3.1

Hi Kurt, Just a short question. Are you using the 1.0.5 Arduino software or the Beta 1.5.6? I assume both work?
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    ---------------------------------
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

I have both installed, I use the windows installer for 1.0.5 and I download zip files for 1.5.6. Teensyduino I believe only installs on 1.0.5.
    But I do other testing using both. Example PhantomX on Arbotix with my modified Arbotix setup that uses standard hardware serial...

Images

Hi Kurt, sorry to bother you. Reading on their site confirmed that it worked only on 1.0.5.
    Trying to compile. First it couldn't find digitalwritefast.h. I downloaded it from google, here. Is that correct version?
    Then the compiler ask for ax12serial.h, is that just a renamed ax12.h? Couldn't find in your github. Any tip?

Thanks.

Well it's getting late. Tomorrow I'm leaving for an Easter weekend with my family.
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Images

I've just uploaded a simple led blink test, lol. A bit confusing at first, the pin 10 (TX2 jumper) is connected to the RX LED, I assume the RX LED indicate that the XBee recieve from the Teensy, sounds logic.
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Sorry I am out right now using iPhone. I am pretty sure I uploaded the serial versions somewhere,
    will look when I get home.

Got home, the library is up at: https://github.com/KurtE/BioloidSerial

I should check and make sure readme for the project https://github.com/KurtE/Phantom_Phoenix_Serial
    is correct.

As for TX and RX leds. I believe I mentioned my mistake on this one in an earlier thread. I was surprised I did not see it earlier, but the RX is showing the RX into the XBee and TX is showing the TX from the XBee, which is backwards to the way I would normally label them. I should check and update the files to make it better.

As I mentioned, I probably should update the design files to make the TX/RX more logical.

But just an FYI - I have put the current design files and the like up on github: https://github.com/KurtE/Teensy3.1-Breakout-Boards

Images

Hi Kurt,

I had a little time for trying your test program. But I get a lot of errors after compiling:

Code:
     Arduino: 1.0.5-r2 (Windows 7), Board: "Teensy 3.1"
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mcpu=cortex-m4 -DF_CPU=96000000 -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -mthumb -nostdlib -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=118 -fno-rtti -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH -ID:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3 -ID:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino Sketchbook\libraries\Commander -ID:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\libraries\digitalWriteFast -ID:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\libraries\BioloidSerial -ID:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\libraries\Wire -ID:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino Sketchbook\libraries\PS2X_lib C:\Users\KRE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3308483736916498975.tmp\Teensy_Test.cpp -o C:\Users\KRE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3308483736916498975.tmp\Teensy_Test.cpp.o 

In file included from D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/core_pins.h:35:0,
                     from D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/wiring.h:33,
                     from D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/WProgram.h:15,
                     from D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/Arduino.h:1,
                     from D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\libraries\BioloidSerial/ax12Serial.h:20,
                     from Teensy_Test.ino:7:
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/pins_arduino.h:96:0: warning: "digitalPinToPortReg" redefined [enabled by default]
    In file included from Teensy_Test.ino:3:0:
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\libraries\digitalWriteFast/digitalWriteFast.h:6:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
    In file included from D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/core_pins.h:35:0,
                     from D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/WProgram.h:15,
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/pins_arduino.h:97:0: warning: "digitalPinToBit" redefined [enabled by default]
    In file included from Teensy_Test.ino:3:0:
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\libraries\digitalWriteFast/digitalWriteFast.h:12:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
    Teensy_Test.ino:22:20: warning: extra tokens at end of #include directive [enabled by default]
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/pins_arduino.h:101:23: error: expected ')' before '==' token
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/pins_arduino.h:101:23: error: expected ')' before '==' token
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/pins_arduino.h:102:23: error: expected ')' before 'pin'
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/pins_arduino.h:102:23: error: expected ')' before 'pin'
    In file included from D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/wiring.h:33:0,
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/core_pins.h:453:20: error: expected unqualified-id before 'if'
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/core_pins.h:453:20: error: expected unqualified-id before 'else'
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/core_pins.h:453:100: error: declaration does not declare anything [-fpermissive]
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/core_pins.h:454:20: error: expected unqualified-id before 'if'
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/core_pins.h:454:20: error: expected unqualified-id before 'else'
    D:\Dropbox\Programming\Arduino\hardware\teensy\cores\teensy3/core_pins.h:455:1: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
    Teensy_Test:866: error: expected '}' at end of input
    Not sure what I'm missing or what's wrong..
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

You seem to have installed another third-party library called digitalWriteFast that is clashing with the Teensy3 support.
    Likely, that library doesn't support the Teensy3 at all.

Images

Thanks, yes I had a feeling I didn't find the correct files. I asked about that in post #153. So where do I find the correct digitalwritefast.h?
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Thread Information