Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mech Warfare Weapons Guide

Images

Re: Mech Warfare Weapons Guide

Put this on the wikia

2. Re: Mech Warfare Weapons Guide

Very nice thread, Deimos and contributors. I can also supply CAD files. Do we have anywhere at the moment where we can archive files?

Put this on the wikia
    I might wait until the guide is a little more complete and refined. It's no fun to update and edit things in two separate locations .

I can also supply CAD files. Do we have anywhere at the moment where we can archive files?
    I believe you can attach files to a post using the paper clip icon in the editor. I suppose you could email me the files and I could attach them to the main post, or just attach them to your own post I can link to them.

FWIW: Because Shapeways had issues with the description of my previous parts, I collapsed them all into a single bundle-of-parts, which ends up being cheaper to order, too.

Check it out at http://shpws.me/qZ35
    White-strong-flexible is cheapest (because they don't have to dye it); Black-strong-flexible looks better IMO.
    I've ordered this set and put it on a Double Eagle gearbox, and it has a nice and tight fit.

Images

Great guide, thanks for posting this Deimos!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    Triggering False Hits:
    Because of the high current spike the gun draws, and/or the gun's motor, the gun can put out a lot of EMI. This can cause your scoring panels to trigger when you fire your own gun (not good). Here's a few tips if you are having this issue:
    [...]
    - Add a capacitor, this should help with the big current spikes.
    Since I'm a noobie...any recommendation of what capacitor to use? Would ceramic cap, 50V, 0.1uF be appropriate? I don't even have score panels yet, but I'm noticing some weird disruption in my xbee control while firing the defender...

Thanks!

crazyidiot Guest

i'm a newbie , i understand a bit about using air soft gun as the main weapon. but do do you guys use other weapons like explosives or some sort of melee weapon?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by crazyidiot View Post
    i'm a newbie , i understand a bit about using air soft gun as the main weapon. but do do you guys use other weapons like explosives or some sort of melee weapon?
    Please read more on what Mech Warfare is. This isn't a destructive battle. http://mech-warfare.com/
    Last edited by KevinO; 05-09-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Also, my Dynamixel compatible switch boards are now available on Amazon:

http://goo.gl/vaEcL8

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box-contents.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	5571

The economics of selling on Amazon are pretty scary. Almost $10 goes to Amazon fees of various kinds! And they keep a fair bit of that if a customer returns the item. But it's sure more reliable than me trying to sell these from the kitchen table...

9. Re: Mech Warfare Weapons Guide

We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination.
    No international orders it seems. :/
    ---
    Personal blog: http://xevel.org
    USB2AX documentation: http://xevelabs.com

At Tucson R-Team robotics club we have never had a problem with false triggering in our AEG gearbox designs across all mechwarriors. We have a lowside N-channel MOSFET sinking the gearbox motor. The MOSFET is optocoupled to the microcontroller. The optocoupler secondary side return connects with a short direct run to the bottom of the MOSFET. The heavy return gearbox current flows on a dedicated homerun wire from the MOSFET source back to the LiPoly 7.4v battery minus. This eliminates ground bounce on the digital and analog grounds and avoids ground loops of heavy current. All of the various returns then connect close to the two batteries to chassis to provide a common refernce without the ground loops. We also put a recirculation diode across the AEG motor tabs to provide a path for the back EMF current of the gearbox spring/CAM/gears inertia.

Thread Information