Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new PhantomX Hexapod MK-II online

Re: A new PhantomX Hexapod MK-II online

Hey TaErog, I really like where you are going with that 3D printed shell. You might like this website for some inspiration.

http://jaegertech.co/

Its a mix of hexapods, pacific rim style drawing and race cars. I came across it while doing some research for a side project. Example images:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frs_rally4SM.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	5520

There's a MechFest in Essen?

3. Re: A new PhantomX Hexapod MK-II online

Come cool work there with the F1/hexapod mix
    I was going to go for a more "organic" shape and that may be mixed in eventually. But angles where just easier for now (though as seen I can smooth some of them out a bit) Also since these are ABS I can smooth these with a acetate mist and paint them. this could get quite flashy.

Though the part I like the most with these so far is that they have groves that slide over the bolts on the legs. This makes attaching and removing the parts very easy and once on they stay quite secure.
    I also see that I can even replace the last leg segment entirely If I can make the mount to the servo robust (some time bolt holes can be a issue if stressed - on this setup we have lots which is good to spread the weight but they are also rather close together ) . the rest of the ABS print is strong enough if designed correctly and I could go wild on the shapes.

The cool part here is I am slowly turning my guest room into a lab. So expecting a bit more work to get done after that is finished.

I am mounting the sensors on a turret I have to test there function and logic. next step would be just placing the turrent on the Bot and running a i2c line between controllers. This should allow me to work on both parts seperately or together at a wim.

4. Re: A new PhantomX Hexapod MK-II online

were these ever mad avialble to buy?
    they look awesome!!

Images

Wow! I agree. These look great!

If you make the files available I'd be willing to print some out and see how they fit/look. I can even try to pick up where you left off and add some of my own styling.

I see the thread is a bit dated.. but if you find you are interested I am working on/experimenting with 3D printed cooling fan mounts that fit under the femur servos. In fact I aught to get those on thingiverse in case anyone wants them.
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

6. Re: A new PhantomX Hexapod MK-II online

r3n33, thank you for the upload, I am going to get my buddy to print the covers here in a few days let you know from there!

Thread Information