Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: ROS Hexapod project Golem: MX-64 4dof

Images

Re: ROS Hexapod project Golem: MX-64 4dof

Which version of ROS are you using? Indigo? I'm currently creating a branch for Kinetic and was curious if you found any issues. You don't really need Hector Slam although feel free to use it. It is pretty simple to reconfigure to laser scan in the current stack.

Images

Currently using Indigo with no problems found so far. Hector mapping is working for me now, but I'll have a go at reconfiguring the current stack to use the laser scan - I just got a bit lost on what to do with the RTABMAP without a Kinect like camera? Revert to gmapping maybe? I'll experiment over the next few days. Sound is working now too.

FYI - I installed Ubuntu 16.04 on an Odroid Xu4 and then install Ros Kinetic on it. I also downloaded my fork of the hexapod_ros code and I was able to build the whole thing. I did have to download the sources for sound_play as that did not appear to be available.

I have not tried running it yet. To busy with other things, like Teensy 3.5 testing...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CreedyNZ View Post
    Currently using Indigo with no problems found so far. Hector mapping is working for me now, but I'll have a go at reconfiguring the current stack to use the laser scan - I just got a bit lost on what to do with the RTABMAP without a Kinect like camera? Revert to gmapping maybe? I'll experiment over the next few days. Sound is working now too.
    Managed to find some time over the weekend so had a go at getting RTABMAP going on my Hexapod with a PrimeSense I managed to get hold of. Things are sort of working, but still have a couple of unresolved problems.

The first is that although I'm getting nice looking laser scans and 3D images, I can't seem to produce a 2D map and/or map frame.
    The second issue is the rolling Hexapod - I have no IMU so have tried to disable the relevant code, but now have this odd odom behaviour where the image of the hexapod in RVIZ slowly rotates and turns upside down.
    Other transforms seem to work OK though, with the RVIZ model moving in sync with the real world.
    Any suggestions on where to look next to try a resolve the mapping and rolling issues?

Attachment 6649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rosgraph.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	6650
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2016-08-07 22:26:27.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	6651  

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CreedyNZ View Post
    Managed to find some time over the weekend so had a go at getting RTABMAP going on my Hexapod with a PrimeSense I managed to get hold of. Things are sort of working, but still have a couple of unresolved problems.

The first is that although I'm getting nice looking laser scans and 3D images, I can't seem to produce a 2D map and/or map frame.
    The second issue is the rolling Hexapod - I have no IMU so have tried to disable the relevant code, but now have this odd odom behaviour where the image of the hexapod in RVIZ slowly rotates and turns upside down.
    Other transforms seem to work OK though, with the RVIZ model moving in sync with the real world.
    Any suggestions on where to look next to try a resolve the mapping and rolling issues?

Attachment 6649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rosgraph.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	6650

What packages did you disable? Or did you mean actual lines of code? It sounds like the kalman filter is still trying to do something. Not having a IMU will possibly cause issues. Although the odometry should be accurate for flat, smooth floors. Any sliding of the feet will cause it's position to be off without a IMU to compensate the odometry.

Images

If you rviz screenshot is accurate it appears you are still using calculated odometry fused with IMU odometry. Switch your odometry mappings to rtab_map to calculated odometry.

Your fixed frame is also set to base_link it should be map.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO View Post
    If you rviz screenshot is accurate it appears you are still using calculated odometry fused with IMU odometry. Switch your odometry mappings to rtab_map to calculated odometry.

Your fixed frame is also set to base_link it should be map.
    Thanks Kevin,

I'll give your suggestions a try when I return home in a couple of days.

To disable the IMU functions I commented out the references to IMU in the launch files. I'll revert back to the original code as I may have introduced new problems by doing this?

I don't have a fixed frame map appearing in RVIZ, so haven't been able to set map as the fixed frame - part of my problem of the 2D map not being created maybe.

I'll let you know how things go.

Also just set up an XBox 360 controller which so far is working fine with minor changes to the urdf.

Andrew

Quick note: I received my Up board and in between playing with Teensy beta stuff, I have installed Win10/Ubuntu 16.04 and have installed ROS Kinetec on it.

I created catkin_ws and under catkin_ws/src I git forked the hexapod_ros into it. I used the:
    apt-get install ... steps in the readme file

And then did catkin_make. First failure was for Ros sound. So I git forked in the ROS project audio_common into my catkin/src directory.
    I knew from before I did not need all of this, so I added some CATKIN_IGNORE statements.
    [quote]kurt@kurt-UP-CHT01:~/catkin_ws/src$ find | grep CATKIN_IGNORE
    ./audio_common/audio_play/CATKIN_IGNORE
    ./audio_common/audio_capture/CATKIN_IGNORE
    kurt@kurt-UP-CHT01:~/catkin_ws/src$[/code]

Did catkin_make again failed in the gazebo ros control. Was able to fix by:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ros-kinetic-gazebo-ros-control
    Now Catkin_make builds the whole thing. (You might want to add that one to readme)

Thread Information