Thread: Stationary/ Rotary interfacing for power supply and signals in a prototype wind turbine

1. Stationary/ Rotary interfacing for power supply and signals in a prototype wind turbine

Hello. I am currently doing my project on pitch control of a prototype wind turbine. I am using individual pitch control and hence need to place one small servo motor for each blade. the angle of the blade is made to vary with the load on the blade. I am thinking of using force resistive sensors for measuring the load but my problem is I do not know how to get the signals from the sensors when the blades will move (tangling of wires etc). The same applies for supplying the small servo motors that I will place inside the rotor for controlling each blade. Can anyone please help me by advising about some stationary/ rotary interfacing device which I can use to solve both my problems?

thanks
    Preety

Images

Re: Stationary/ Rotary interfacing for power supply and signals in a prototype wind turbine

adafruit sells some relatively nice slip rings that might work.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

3. Re: Stationary/ Rotary interfacing for power supply and signals in a prototype wind turbine

Thank you for the help!

Re: Stationary/ Rotary interfacing for power supply and signals in a prototype wind turbine

And, more generally, you either use a slip ring, or you use some wireless mechanism (such as NFC or RFID.)
    A slip ring has round rings of metal (often gold plated!) and thin brushes that follow those rings, to keep a connection with low interference.
    A near-field radio can use power from an emitter that is stationary to power a very low-current circuit that can emit weak radio signals that can be received by said emitter.

5. Re: Stationary/ Rotary interfacing for power supply and signals in a prototype wind turbine

Thank you for the advice!

Thread Information