Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mech Warfare 2014 Update

Re: Mech Warfare 2014 Update

Okay then. What do I have to enter in the registration form to link my entry with the MW group's??

Psymon Guest

I've been developing my own robotics project and my research has led me here. I've just completed the first stage of the control system and was looking where to move on to.

My initial plan was develop a walker type robot with a first person view point. I think I'll starting refining my plan to meet the requirements for this event.

To assist in the development; in the Mech Warfare event what are the rules regarding melee combat? (Permitted || Banned 'because no-one wants their robot to be completely trashed' || No one has built a robot that can actually throw a punch without falling over...)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Psymon View Post

To assist in the development; in the Mech Warfare event what are the rules regarding melee combat? (Permitted || Banned 'because no-one wants their robot to be completely trashed' || No one has built a robot that can actually throw a punch without falling over...)
    Rules are on http://mech-warfare.com/

Definitely not going to be able to get there. Just remembered how far away Kansas City is from Richmond, IN at 556 miles, farther away than Chicago.
    Last edited by ArduTank; 05-09-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Images

Cool!!

And in a new record for the distance a Maker has traveled to Maker Faire Kansas CIty we have some Humanoid Robotics masters coming from Team Robot Japan! Yoshihiro Shibata and Omata Yoshifumi will battle head to head in Michael Overstreet'sRobot Tournament Kansas City 2014. Korean competitors, and many former Robo Games competitors, are lining up to battle these masters. If you are interested in robot professional wrestling, mech warfare, sumo, and many more categories sign up today!

http://burl.co/36B000B

Images

I can second Boston as a great place to host an event. Tybs, you may even be able to get some new sponsors to help out with any monetary costs moving the venue may incur. The greater Boston area is a hotbed for robotics. iRobot, Boston Dynamics, Kiva Systems, MIT, WPI are all within striking distance (if not actually in Boston) are just a few examples.
    -parallax

Images

I'd love to get to Kansas City Maker Faire this year! If I can make it, I'll bring the mech, although it's unlikely it will have scoring panels.

Thread Information