Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GP

Images

Post GP

All,
    This is my first post to TRC.
    As the forum says I spoke of some words that narrates me and my hobby in Introduces Yourself here http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/sh...4888#post64888

So back to business.
    I bought a BIOLOID GP Kit and trying to explore it.
    Robotics is my dream but could not do anything more than driving a servo by 8051 before
    I have a bit electronics and software exposure but really a new bee to robotics and mechanical design and CAD design.

My question here is if you look at the hip of GP and Kondo there is a difference. GP can not pitch as GP can only swing each leg left to right and lift loot towards us and take it backward.
    I want to give that freedom to GP with perfect static and dynamic stability, can some one guide me to achieve that?
    I need all you gurus help to develop my ideas and improve GP maybe.

Pardon me for my new bee post
    --
    Regards
    NicoX

Images

Re: GP

If I am understanding things correctly you want to add hip rotation to a Bioloid GP? Not sure this can be done without completely redesigning the robot from the waist down to the knees. I would look at the bioloid premium, and consider buying a bioloid frame set. If you wanted to you could also draw your own brackets and have them cut using a service like Big Blue Saw.

If you like, I have some drawings posted from a design competition that may help you get started. You are welcome to use or discard whatever you like. Really I just copied the bioloid premium leg design which includes hip rotation.

https://grabcad.com/library/traditional-humanoid-1

Hope this helps.

DB

Images

Thumbs up Re: GP

Thanks DB,
    You are correct I wanted to use heap rotation.
    I also have a bioloid frame set so I think I can do as you suggested. I will update you with images once my GP comes to my hand.
    It is on the way actually, may be coming by new days.

The link https://grabcad.com/library/traditional-humanoid-1 is awesome can I try Autocad to see those drawings?
    I think GP is a good kit right ... but it hit a lot in my pocket

Regards
    NicoX.
    Last edited by NicoX; 07-28-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Images

There was a bit of discussion about the hip in this thread. Basically, you will have to replace/modify the frames of the lower torso and the upper leg to add an additional degree of freedom. You should be able to use the bioloid frame kit and the Type-A hip/ankle design to do it, but not sure there are any ready-made parts to attach the modified leg/hip to the upper torso frame of the GP.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

Images

Still waiting for Customs to release my GP kit
    @tician I went through this thread.. a ton of info but will update you once I get my kit and add BIOLOID other kit brackets in it and do some test. Thanks a lot for your guide I actually needed that.
    Will update on this thread.

--NicoX

Images

Question Re: GP

Quote Originally Posted by tician View Post
    There was a bit of discussion about the hip in this thread. Basically, you will have to replace/modify the frames of the lower torso and the upper leg to add an additional degree of freedom. You should be able to use the bioloid frame kit and the Type-A hip/ankle design to do it, but not sure there are any ready-made parts to attach the modified leg/hip to the upper torso frame of the GP.
    Hi tician,
    I received my GP kit and it is now ready for action. I will explore Robo plus software tomorrow onwards, will update about my understandings. A quick question ... as you said somewhere in TR forum that AX-18 tries to run on hotter side, I noticed it in GP's Knees.
    The AX 18A out there are running hot, even if I am running it for 5-10 mins and with default progs.
    Do you think the servos in knee are faulty or it is normal that they go hot but it wont harm?

--Nicox
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140809_214059855.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	5662  
    Last edited by NicoX; 08-09-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Images

Of the many dozens (>100) of AX servos in the lab that have been abused over the last several years, we've had only a single AX-12+ with a damaged motor. For comparison, we've had several of the ~70 MX-28 in the lab damage their own motors by overheating, so I don't think the motors used in the AX servos are quite as susceptible to damage (know the AX-12 motor is durable, but not quite as sure about the AX-18 motor). The AX-18 definitely get much hotter much faster, but I don't really expect them to become damaged before the servo turns off torque because of overheating. If you are really concerned about damage, you can set the maximum temperature to a lower value which will trigger an overheat shutdown earlier.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    bleh

Images

Of the many dozens (>100) of AX servos in the lab that have been abused over the last several years, we've had only a single AX-12+ with a damaged motor. For comparison, we've had several of the ~70 MX-28 in the lab damage their own motors by overheating, so I don't think the motors used in the AX servos are quite as susceptible to damage (know the AX-12 motor is durable, but not quite as sure about the AX-18 motor). The AX-18 definitely get much hotter much faster, but I don't really expect them to become damaged before the servo turns off torque because of overheating. If you are really concerned about damage, you can set the maximum temperature to a lower value which will trigger an overheat shutdown earlier.
    Oh what a fast response with pin point details! Thanks a lot again.
    Here is what I am trying to do and trying to get all valuable points from you guys.....

First of all please don't get mad on me as I am trying to do so many things with very poor knowledge.

My first attempt was to build Darwin clone. But calculated that it lands 10000^2 Mile away from my budget end line .
    So I got a Bioloid GP kit (from Crustcrawler http://www.crustcrawler.com/products...idGP/index.php) and trying to modify it.
    I will reduce the Max Temp of servos to be on the safer side as suggested.
    Please guide me on these points....
    1. I would like to modify the heap joint with 2 X long C brackets (http://www.crustcrawler.com/motors/AX12/pages/longbracket.htm)
    and use 2 more AX-18 servos to hold the heap swing. Have figured out a way to fix em to the lower torso. Should I go for 2* AX-12 or 18 for these ?

2. Will use one more servo in waist swing. Should I go for 1* AX-12 or 18 for it ?

3. Will like to use a HD camera for image recognition that fits in GP head. Should I go for 2* AX-12 or 18 for head ?

I think I can make the dynamic/static stability by this config, please suggest if I am going towards dead lane.
    Or maybe there is a better way to do that.
    I have also included some pics to clarify my thought.

Regards,
    NicoX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP_Heap_Swing_BracketThought.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	5663   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP_HeapSwing_Plastic_Bracket.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	5664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP_Heap_Actual.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	5665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP_Current.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	5666  
    Last edited by NicoX; 08-10-2014 at 02:37 AM.

Images

If swing is 'yaw', then you could go either way as there should not be too much loading to rotate the legs during walking. There are other poses where the loading on the yaw servos would be larger, but not sure how often you will be putting the bot into those (e.g. if the torso is bent over with the plane of the yaw servo's horn not parallel to ground). Obsessive me says keep all servos in the legs matching, but cheap me says go with the less expensive option. Same applies to the waist yaw servo.

The head (pan-tilt) can be AX-12 since there should be little loading on that even if you make it stand on its head.
    bleh

Images

Exclamation Re: GP

Dear tician,
    Sorry for posting late. I got mute for some times as I was trying to go through the RoboPlus Software.
    Nice software I must say, but being new to the software I am a bit puzzled... I am coming to that later.

If swing is 'yaw', then you could go either way as there should not be too much loading to rotate the legs during walking. ........... Obsessive me says keep all servos in the legs matching, but cheap me says go with the less expensive option. Same applies to the waist yaw servo.......
    First of all you ware right ... I should have said 'yaw' and will go with the "Obsessive" yours. I am ordering AX-18 for legs and waist, for head I will go with AX-12. Will update on this thread about my progress. Before I get that I am exploring IK /Roboplus.

Secondly... the software...
    I did not like GP to be squeezed thus reducing its height.
    So I made my own motion such that I can make GP statically stable and standing up right.
    But I could not understand the motion editor much.
    What I did was
    1. I powered on CM530 (CPU) connected robo to PC via USB cable.
    2. Went to motion editor and by hand shaped GP to the up right pose.
    3. Used <--- arrow button to get all actuators angles after making the torque On.
    4. Saved the same sequence to a file in PC.
    5. Switched to default sequence (pre loaded seqs) used the push up sequence.
    6. Switched off the torque for that sequence and loaded my custom sequence using torque On and --> button in the editor.

First time it went well but I saw the knee was losing torque.
    Next test shows the knee/heel actuators (ie. ID 13-14 & 17-18) are blinking RED (the LED in actuators).
    I saw it took proper shape (like it stood up right). But as I could not handle the software well I might have changed some default pose.
    I am getting clue less how to go correctly step by step ? Could not find good stuff after gooling.
    Requesting you if you can help me build my custom pose with out over heating the servos.

Sorry all I might be asking the first page noob question but this is how I am trying to gather info this part of technology.
    Regards,
    NicoX

Thread Information