Thread: CM 530 and XL320

1. CM 530 and XL320

hey guys

just built myself a mini circuit board to step the voltage down to 7.2volts and being fed from a cm530 I am trying to get xl320 servo recognized

when I go to manager and search the cm530 can not detect xl320. Just wondering if this is possible. I was hoping to mix ax12 and xl320 in my humanoid. I know the mini circuit works because I tested a ax12 on it and it was detected right away, and it was reading a voltage of 7.2 volts. I have since tried detecting a few more times and it will not detect xl320 I am sure it is receiving proper power as it is blinking once when powering up

Does anyone have any ideas or advice

Greatly appreciated

Ron

Images

Re: CM 530 and XL320

While some beta XL-320 used the original dynamixel protocol, the final release of the XL-320 is supposed to use the dxl2.0 protocol. I'm guessing the CM-530 firmware has no support for the new protocol because XL-320 already require the external voltage converter, although you could implement the dxl2.0 protocol yourself using the embedded-c libraries. Would have to switch between the two protocols depending on which type of servo you want to poll/control, but I think they would be able to coexist on a single communication bus (MX should ignore dxl2.0 and XL should ignore dxl1.0, because of differing headers and checksums).
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

3. Re: CM 530 and XL320

Thanks for the response

I am just starting to get so so at robotask and am not ready to venture into embedded C so

that really puts a damper on the design I was working on for my humanoid. Is there a way to change the Protocol of the xl320 to that of the ax12(DXL1.0).....Longshot

Thanks

Images

Re: CM 530 and XL320

There is no option for protocol version listed anywhere in the register table on the support site, so I rather doubt it.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

5. Re: CM 530 and XL320

Alright

thanks tician

Thread Information