Thread: Arbotix-M no longer accepts FTDI communication, USER LED always on

1. Arbotix-M no longer accepts FTDI communication, USER LED always on

I am currently working with the Arbotix-M robocontroller, and have had an issue that I can't find addressed anywhere else.

The short story that my board no longer accepts programs via FTDI; when I try to upload a sketch with VIN power, the USER LED blinks twice, then turns on and remains on continuously. This is quite obviously different from normal uploading behavior, during which it blinks furiously. I also receive the all-too-common error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 com port," but this appears to only signal a communication error, and nothing more specific. If I instead use USB power, the USER LED does not turn on at all, either before or after attempting to upload a sketch.

Now, the details. I'm running the Arduino IDE version 1.0.5-r2 on a 64x Windows 7 machine. I was using the DynaManager tool (with the ros sketch uploaded and running) to check a motor's ID, when I closed DynaManager without closing the COM port. I've made this mistake before; generally I disable the COM port, remove the USB end of the FTDI cable from my computer, and plug it in again. Windows then reinstalls it and all is forgiven. But this time I appear to have angered the board, and could use some assistance. I have changed FTDI cables, power supplies, and computers, and nothing has made a difference.

Has anyone run into this before? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Arbotix-M no longer accepts FTDI communication, USER LED always on

Hello,
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner! I'm assuming that at one point you the board was working, correct?

Does the power LED come on with either power supply?

If you'd like, you can send the board back to us and we'll check it out for you. As soon as we get the problem board we can ship you out a new one.

Just send the board with this form
    http://www.trossenrobotics.com/share...enRobotics.pdf

you can email me ([email protected]) if you have any other questions. Thanks for your patience!

3. Re: Arbotix-M no longer accepts FTDI communication, USER LED always on

Hi kgranat,

At one point the board was working, and the power LED does turn on when I power the board. I'll check out the form and send it in!

Thanks,

NSz

Thread Information