Thread: Building a robot

saurish Guest

Question Building a robot

greetings everyone. i am a student of an engineering college and i am new to the field of robotics. so i request you all to inform me the basic requirements and give me advices so that i can build a robot to take part in various robotics competitions in my college.

Re: Building a robot

saurish,

Google is your friend for this, there is a LOT of information out there on the internet for pretty much anything you can think of. You will need to refine your request for information though so that assistance can be provided.

Some questions for you:
    1. Have you tried browsing these forums to see if there is anything related to your (very broad) request for information? Go looking, lots of people have posted here before and you might find information pertinent to your interest/s.
    2. What competition/s are you interest in? Focusing on a single competition will help you to narrow your focus from the entire field to specifics, for example: motor control, chassis design, computer/machine vision, etc.
    3. Try browsing these forums, others have asked similar questions and these might be useful to help guide you.

Also, you might want to start with a simple robot (a line follower, for example) to build some of the knowledge you will need/utilise for building complex machines.

Just my thoughts, others might have other ideas.

Re: Building a robot

I find www.societyofrobots.com provides good basics on building and programming robots.

4. Re: Building a robot

Building a simple robot in order to understand the very basics has to be the best may to learn about robotics. I always find just going out doing something with a small bit information helps a lot more than sitting behind a computer and researching for weeks.

Thread Information