Thread: Nuke 15 Tool Frame Redraw Failure

1. Nuke 15 Tool Frame Redraw Failure

I have a Robotics Premium hexapod and am converting from the CM-530 to an arbotix-M controller. The goal is to have an autonomous robot. To do this well, I am trying to get the NUKE IK software to work. I started with the older version and had to make some simple edits to the software for colors that were no longer acceptable in the code. In addition, there were two dialog boxes that had to be resized. Finally, I got Nuke to run, but there was still a bug where you select the number of legs and the tool window will not redraw. The simple solution was to resize the window and it all appeared correctly. Finally, I got the robot to run with the Nuke engine, except there were a few problems. When I discovered I was not using the latest version of Nuke, I decided to install that before proceeding.

So far, I have had to make the same edits to the code as before. The one exception is that the Nuke tool frame will not allow resizing. I am trying to learn wx to fix the problem, but would like some help since solving the above issues has taken quite a bit of time.

2. Re: Nuke 15 Tool Frame Redraw Failure

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin2003 View Post
    ... I started with the older version and had to make some simple edits to the software for colors that were no longer acceptable in the code. ...
    Which versions of the code are you using (from which repositories)?

3. Re: Nuke 15 Tool Frame Redraw Failure

I started with the Getting Started version on the Trossen website and then realized that I should have used the code from https://github.com/vanadiumlabs/pypose.

It is very evident that there have been additions to the Nuke code including a biped setting.
    Unfortunately, the little issues in the code have prevented me from using it and I am using the older version. I have not found any difference in the Nuke tool pane code and both are running the very same version of wx since I only installed that once.

There are a number of issues I have discovered so far. It appears that Nuke can read previous settings from a saved project, but it does not read the number of legs. When it comes up, everything else is there. When you select the number of legs, it resets. With the older version, I may try to fix that. It would be very convenient to go back to Nuke and redo only the polarities, or the limits without doing the whole thing over again.
    Last edited by Griffin2003; 03-31-2015 at 09:11 AM. Reason: I pointed to the wrong source for the PyPose software

4. Re: Nuke 15 Tool Frame Redraw Failure

As further information, I checked out the source code from GitHub for the Nuke automatically generated file that allows a user to test Nuke with an Arbotix Commander and it has references to the Google web site in the comments. If the GitHub site is the latest and greatest, it might be helpful for newbees like myself if everything pointed there. This is the forth Arduino based robot that Have built and one of the more complex. At least it will be when I finish.

Thread Information