Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HR-OS1 Documentation

1. Re: HR-OS1 Documentation

Kurt,

I had to play with battery placement a bit also. Mostly my issue stemmed from where the large battery cables exited the battery. The heavy shrink wrap extends the battery cables out a little differently than the pictures in the guide show. I simply manipulated the wires at the battery output end until I was able to get it similar to the picture; which involved flexing the heavy shrink wrap a bit. I would caution against plugging in the battery with the battery installed in the robot as doing so could apply force from the corner of the connector directly to the lipo cells. Instead, plug in the battery and then slide it in or be mindful of pressing excessively on the battery when plugging it in with it installed in the robot. Softpacks are sensitive to physical damage.

Mike.

Re: HR-OS1 Documentation

A couple of documentation suggestions:

1. Make it clear at the beginning of the assembly instructions that the Dynamixels need to be assigned the proper ID prior to building - Otherwise you may be rebuilding it.

2. For each step (preferably under the left gutter photo) you should list the parts in bullet points you need to complete the step.

3. You should change the bullet points from unordered list <ul> to ordered list <ol>.

4. The red arrows and red labels on a majority of photos are great, but as you get deeper into the overall build they tend to be reduced in frequency.

Can we fork the documentation and pitch in?

Thanks,

Brad

3. Re: HR-OS1 Documentation

Brad, I've made a couple of changes to the guide regarding 1) and 3).

I'll pass 2) onto my team.

for 4), do you have any photos in particular that you think need better labeling.

We don't currently have a good way to form the documentation on learn.trossen, but I'll look into some way to do that or create some kind of collaboration.

hi, Be careful somehow I missed the fact that one usb to 4 pin is wired reverse of the other 2. Please fix the Documents to Reflect 2 USB adapters and one reversed USB adapter.
    Last edited by LloydF; 04-28-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kgranat View Post

for 4), do you have any photos in particular that you think need better labeling.

We don't currently have a good way to form the documentation on learn.trossen, but I'll look into some way to do that or create some kind of collaboration.
    I will identify the photos that need better labeling.

Thanks,

Brad

6. Re: HR-OS1 Documentation

Quote Originally Posted by kgranat View Post

Hi Kyle,

For example in Step 8: Mount Knee Servos,you don't explain where to put the nuts like the pictures before. From there everything start to be with much less detail.

On the documentation, which I like, one thing that would be real nice is when I am zoomed into a photo, that there is a next/previous photo capability... But I know that many times I zoom in, do what the step needs, unzoom, read text for next part of step, zoom in on next picture.

Obviously it would be great if when zoomed on a picture associated with some text bullet, that the text associated with that picture would also somehow be displayed... But my guess is that would be a lot of work!

Also secondary comment. I see that you now mention to make sure and ID the servos before you build... As part of this step, when you are done, you may want to make sure all of the servos are at their logical zero points (512). I had at least one, that I probably screwed with, that was not (left elbow), and when I finished the assembly and told the robot to startup, that servo could not get to it's zero point. (I quickly turned off, unscrewed 4 screws to horn, told it to go to zero and reinstalled the screws.

Again great job!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtEck View Post
    On the documentation, which I like, one thing that would be real nice is when I am zoomed into a photo, that there is a next/previous photo capability... But I know that many times I zoom in, do what the step needs, unzoom, read text for next part of step, zoom in on next picture.

Obviously it would be great if when zoomed on a picture associated with some text bullet, that the text associated with that picture would also somehow be displayed... But my guess is that would be a lot of work!

Also secondary comment. I see that you now mention to make sure and ID the servos before you build... As part of this step, when you are done, you may want to make sure all of the servos are at their logical zero points (512). I had at least one, that I probably screwed with, that was not (left elbow), and when I finished the assembly and told the robot to startup, that servo could not get to it's zero point. (I quickly turned off, unscrewed 4 screws to horn, told it to go to zero and reinstalled the screws.

Again great job!
    +1 next/previous photo capability

+1 make sure all of the servos are at their logical zero points (512)

I had same issue on ankle servo, and fixed similarly.

Hay, Hay, Hay. Just read through the assembly guide. It is looking pretty nice.

Images

So who is using Edison? I'm using it, and I'm already frustrated because I can't hook up the camera to it, let alone think about other peripherals. What are the thoughts here going forward Kyle?! Is edison going to be getting more GPIO support? PI seems much more pliable to work with and has higher performance.

Thread Information