Thread: Walk Tuning - Discussion and Notes

Images

Walk Tuning - Discussion and Notes

https://github.com/Interbotix/HROS1-...iki/walk_tuner

The default master branch of HROS1-Framework has default config.ini settings which should work for walking, please test via ps3_demo and walk_tuner.
    Last edited by Tyberius; 12-08-2015 at 06:08 PM.
    Andrew Dresner
    Principal Engineer
    Interbotix GIthub
    Interbotix Labs Google+

Images

Re: Walk Tuning - Discussion and Notes

Major update for ps3_demo and additional walk tuning have been published to master branch, older defunct branches cleaned out.

https://github.com/Interbotix/HROS1-Framework

Please test this out and let me know how it goes. Edison users- check the Troubleshooting section if you run into issues with sixpair.
    Andrew Dresner
    Principal Engineer
    Interbotix GIthub
    Interbotix Labs Google+

Images

You may need to adjust the hip pitch offset by 0.1-0.3 degrees in walk_tuner if your robot is consistently falling forward/backward on walking.

I am testing a new hip_pitch_offset parameter that inclines the robot forward a tad with walking forward, and a bit back upon backing up. This is in the ps3 control code section of Ps3_demo. Would like feedback on this, let me know if it's helping, isnt, etc.1
    Andrew Dresner
    Principal Engineer
    Interbotix GIthub
    Interbotix Labs Google+

Images

Hey...So...I just did something and now I can't figure out how to fix it. I tried running walk_tuner, and ended up turning on auto balancing. My HROS1 sort of humped itself to death breaking a hip servo in the process. I think it stripped the gears. in walk_tuner I turned off autobalance, and typed save and re showing that it was changed, but when I ran PS3_demo it was on again. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

DB

Images

Ok, so the twerking motion has to do with the autobalance, I can turn it off in walk_tuner, but even if I save it comes back somehow when I restart the robot. :-( Also, I guess I could somehow lower the gain so that it isn't fighting so hard to balance, but that doesn't seam to help either.

DB

Images

OK...so last post. Now things are once again working...Honestly I don't know what changed to make things work. I am hoping it wasn't that something was loose and jiggled back into place. I did refresh the config.ini file by using the git fetch and then refresh deal. Not sure if that did anything though. Lesson learned.

DB

Images

New walking gait has been pushed into the master branch, please note that it now has default compliance margins set (which will not work for the older, faster cycle gait). Please test this out and let me know how it goes.

If you want to go back to the old gait, the config file for it still exists in the Data folder (config_FAST.ini), you'll just need to manually update the compliance margins being set in Walking.cpp (also something I need to fix, no idea why ROBOTIS chose to hardcode so many things in the framework).
    Andrew Dresner
    Principal Engineer
    Interbotix GIthub
    Interbotix Labs Google+

8. Re: Walk Tuning - Discussion and Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius View Post
    New walking gait has been pushed into the master branch, please note that it now has default compliance margins set (which will not work for the older, faster cycle gait). Please test this out and let me know how it goes.

If you want to go back to the old gait, the config file for it still exists in the Data folder (config_FAST.ini), you'll just need to manually update the compliance margins being set in Walking.cpp (also something I need to fix, no idea why ROBOTIS chose to hardcode so many things in the framework).
    Hi Tyberius,

We update with the new gait, but still found it a bit buggy. Jimmy is still walking at a high frequency, but small foot step, I believe this is easier for maintaining the stability. But the high stepping frequency, with the motor sound, makes a bit unpleasant. Also we found our Jimmy is always turning to the right, I guess there are some differences between left and right legs. Not sure if many people have this issue?

If we want to implement a gait with smaller stepping frequency but larger step width, how can we manage that?

Thanks/

Shihui

Thread Information