Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: ROS enabled PhantomX Hexapod

Re: ROS enabled PhantomX Hexapod

Hi guys

This project is really awesome and has me inspired!

I am using a PhantomX hexapod for my Master's project, in which I'm developing a posture controller for walking on uneven terrain. My situation is actually quite similar to Romain's - I also came across the HumaRobotics packages a while ago and am using them to simulate the robot in Gazebo. I need to change the gait generation to use inverse kinematics though, as I need this for the posture control.

I'm quite a newbie to ROS and I would like to spend as much time as possible on developing my control algorithm rather than implementing the walking code. I happened upon some of Kevin's locomotion code for his awesome Golem robot on KurtE's GitHub:
    https://github.com/KurtE/Locomotion
    But since this is not on Kevin's own GitHub I'm not sure if it is the correct version of the software, or even whether Kevin would prefer that his code stays private for now. It would save me loads of time if I could use some of this code, or Renee's version for the PhantomX, as a starting point for the gait generation in ROS for the simulation. I might also consider running the real robot with ROS at a later stage, if my project outgrows the Arbotix Robocontroller.

I look forward to collaborating on this project!

Mayur
    Last edited by Mayur; 02-03-2016 at 03:26 PM. Reason: URL does not exist anymore

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mayur View Post
    Hi guys

This project is really awesome and has me inspired!

I am using a PhantomX hexapod for my Master's project, in which I'm developing a posture controller for walking on uneven terrain. My situation is actually quite similar to Romain's - I also came across the HumaRobotics packages a while ago and am using them to simulate the robot in Gazebo. I need to change the gait generation to use inverse kinematics though, as I need this for the posture control.

I'm quite a newbie to ROS and I would like to spend as much time as possible on developing my control algorithm rather than implementing the walking code. I happened upon some of Kevin's locomotion code for his awesome Golem robot on KurtE's GitHub:
    https://github.com/KurtE/Locomotion
    But since this is not on Kevin's own GitHub I'm not sure if it is the correct version of the software, or even whether Kevin would prefer that his code stays private for now. It would save me loads of time if I could use some of this code, or Renee's version for the PhantomX, as a starting point for the gait generation in ROS for the simulation. I might also consider running the real robot with ROS at a later stage, if my project outgrows the Arbotix Robocontroller.

I look forward to collaborating on this project!

Mayur
    That fork is super super old. I've been meaning to ask Kurt to kill that fork. The main repo is private at the moment since I sometime push up "broken" stuff to keep a log of changes. Send me a PM and we can chat Mayur.
    Last edited by KevinO; 02-03-2016 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO View Post
    That fork is super super old. I've been meaning to ask Kurt to kill that fork.
    Gone - I forgot about that one...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KurtEck View Post
    The private one will be going public soon. I have nearly everything worked out except the gazebo simulation stuff. It still needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO View Post
    That fork is super super old. I've been meaning to ask Kurt to kill that fork. The main repo is private at the moment since I sometime push up "broken" stuff to keep a log of changes. Send me a PM and we can chat Mayur.
    Thanks Kevin, I had a feeling that fork might be outdated and understand why you would want to keep the main one private for now. Will PM you to chat further.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtEck View Post
    Kurt, I've removed the hyperlink from my original post.

Thread Information