Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serial communication issue

1. Re: Serial communication issue

Quote Originally Posted by tician View Post
    None of the code you posted calls ax12Init() or creates a BioloidController object that would call ax12Init().
    I ran into this issue, too! I found out the hard way that if you don't call ax12Init, you have no idea what baud the ax12 library is using to try to communicate with the servos. That would explain the random movements, because you're sending out what is essentially gibberish.

2. Re: Serial communication issue

Tician, I was able to take your comments into account and make the necessary rectifications. The changes did solve all the problems. My team have now done the final demonstration for the project and everything worked properly and we are in contention to win the best project of the year award. I will try sharing a link of our demo

Thank you tician, kgranat and jwatte for your help and support on my different posts in the forum regarding my project. I didn't want to add a new thread to thank you guys, so will just post it here and hopefully you will receive it. Cheers.

3. Re: Serial communication issue

Quote Originally Posted by tigakub View Post
    I ran into this issue, too! I found out the hard way that if you don't call ax12Init, you have no idea what baud the ax12 library is using to try to communicate with the servos. That would explain the random movements, because you're sending out what is essentially gibberish.
    That is indeed one of the major issues I faced initially. Had to find out the hard way as well. Cheers anyway.

Thread Information