Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beta Tester Roll Call

Re: Beta Tester Roll Call

Ok but i'm going back to his camera, LOL need to walk before I run. The Xtion is ideal but it is just a hair to big for this project.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LloydF View Post
    Ok but i'm going back to his camera, LOL need to walk before I run. The Xtion is ideal but it is just a hair to big for this project.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/devkit

Specifications

- Longer range** (up to 3-4 meters indoors, longer range outdoors)
    - Depth/IR: 640x480 resolution at 60fps
    - RGB: 1080p at 30fps
    - USB 3.0 required
    - Developer Kit Dimensions: 130mm x 20mm x 7mm

Smaller once you remove the enclosure too
    The challenge will be finding a compact enough SBC that has USB3.0 and enough CPU to do anything with the data. ODROID XU3 or Minnowboard Max are at the top of my 'to test' list.

Sweet

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LloydF View Post
    Sweet
    Indeed -- that's what I'm picking up today from Intel

Kempelen Guest

Hey,

just a status update on my HR-OS1 from the 2nd batch.

Assembled in about 1 day using RPi2 and everything works fine (I haven't tested USB cam yet though). PS3 demo works flawlessly, robot doesn't fall down and can walk both forwards and backwards at full speed including taking turns. So overall I am pretty happy :-) It's a very good start!

There were some small issues with the assembly guide which I communicated back so maybe they will be fixed at some point.

In addition, I glued (with double-sided tape) a small 1W speaker on the top/front of actuator No. 19 so it looks like a mouth (and is audible enough for me to recognize words clearly with maxed out alsamixer), very small USB sound card, microphone and 4-port USB hub inside the chest, installed some voice synthesis and hope to get CMU Sphinx running and recognizing commands. Then I can hopefully extend ps3_demo and control the robot via voice (if the microphone is able to "denoise" actuator movements).

With the camera I hope to port my JavaScript-based CLM tracker (for tracking facial features) to C, make the robot's head mirror the movement of my head and maybe teach it to recognize people around with some added SVM. Later if I have a lot of time maybe a PGM for recognizing objects it points camera at would be possible, and autonomous walking without additional sensors (possibly a RPi3 or Core-M stick would be needed for that).

I am currently taking MITx' 6.832x course in underactuated robotics and hope to be able to understand it sufficiently to use it for programming some clever movements once I familiarize with the techniques and robot's API.

There are more crazy ideas like testing out Parallella board for much faster image processing, playing with DNNs and testing out algorithmic ideas in the real world.

Thanks for a very nice toy! 8-)

Thread Information