Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WinRME ( Robot Motion Editor for Windows )

1. Re: WinRME ( Robot Motion Editor for Windows )

Awesome!!!

We only need to download a small size archive, extract it and its ready to run,and best of all it has a smooth animation.

Thank You r3n33

Images

Re: WinRME ( Robot Motion Editor for Windows )

Thank you for downloading wiweet. I hope you find it useful.
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

3. Re: WinRME ( Robot Motion Editor for Windows )

Quote Originally Posted by r3n33 View Post
    After much development and testing I'd like to present the first public beta of WinRME. While it currently doesn't replace 100% of functionality found in rme there are enough features implemented to (hopefully) find this application useful. At the same time feedback and ideas are more than welcome during this period of development.

And finally.. the download link:
    http://labrats.io/download.php?file=WinRME
    Where would one find the WinRME source code?

Images

Minor bug fix applied and a check for updates menu option now exists. It doesn't auto update but rather checks the version and provides the link so you can download an updated copy manually.

Quote Originally Posted by vehemens View Post
    Where would one find the WinRME source code?
    Good question.. currently this is a personal project and the source is going to be kept private until I'm ready to move on to something new. There are still some big updates in planning/active development.
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

Beta, Beta tester here. Love what you have done and you're HROS1-expermintal, made on/with this program. It only had compiling errors for me in the extra head code. The get up routines were a nice addition, i'll keep in my library.
    Thank you Very Much.

6. Re: WinRME ( Robot Motion Editor for Windows )

Thanks for this. Bug comes...

To reproduce the bug, we select the PoseAnimator (HROS1 is not connected), click the *scale values* button, when the window pops up, click cancel. Then you got this image:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	6224

The error log is the following:
    Code:
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACKTRACE:
       at WinRME.Windows.PoseAnimator.<MenuItem_Click>d__23.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

INNER EXCEPTION:

Data:
    System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

HelpLink: 

TargetSite:
    Void MoveNext()
    I am now connecting the robot and will give more feedback later

7. Re: WinRME ( Robot Motion Editor for Windows )

Hi r3n33,

I am not sure if I did it correct, but WinRME can't find my HROS1. My steps are:
    - download the repository, and transfer the folder of netrme to HROS1
    - make
    - run *sudo ./netrme*. The console shows the message "Setting robot's name to HR-OS1_CHAP", and keep alive
    - Open the WinRME.exe, click *find*

Then no magic happens..did I miss anything? I am running RP2, and only transfer the folder of netrme, are these two factors causing the problem?

Shihui

Images

You have to transfer the entire repository to the HROS-1 and perform the netrme build locally on the system actually inside the HROS-1. Once the build is complete, you do not move anything before starting netrme.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

Images

Quote Originally Posted by guoshihui View Post
    Thanks for this. Bug comes...

To reproduce the bug, we select the PoseAnimator (HROS1 is not connected), click the *scale values* button, when the window pops up, click cancel.
    [/CODE]
    This is a legitimate bug. The scale values button was very recently added for use with MX servos and doesn't apply to the HR-OS1. Some recent changes were made to allow use on both the HROS1 or HROS5 and that button was one of them. Likely that button will be hidden from users when the application is in HR-OS1 mode.

Quote Originally Posted by guoshihui View Post
    I am not sure if I did it correct, but WinRME can't find my HROS1. My steps are:
    - download the repository, and transfer the folder of netrme to HROS1
    - make
    - run *sudo ./netrme*. The console shows the message "Setting robot's name to HR-OS1_CHAP", and keep alive
    - Open the WinRME.exe, click *find*

Then no magic happens..did I miss anything? I am running RP2, and only transfer the folder of netrme, are these two factors causing the problem?
    What you did sounds reasonable. Granted I haven't tested on a RPi2 yet it should work with the addition of sudo like you found. The fact that you are getting the message "Setting robot's name to HR-OS1_CHAP" makes me think the application compiled without problems. I'm not sure about "keep alive".. is that something in the program's output or just the fact that the application is left running on the robot?

If both the robot's application (netrme) and the windows application (WinRME) are both able to execute they should be able to communicate over the network using UDP packets. There is a chance of a firewall (hardware or software) blocking communication. The network ports required for these applications are:

UDP 4240
    UDP 4242
    UDP 4243

I hope this helps but in the event you are still having trouble I'll see what I can do to get a RPi2 setup and tested to see if there are any unexpected inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by tician View Post
    You have to transfer the entire repository to the HROS-1 and perform the netrme build locally on the system actually inside the HROS-1. Once the build is complete, you do not move anything before starting netrme.
    This is also correct. Perhaps I misunderstood. You would need to download the entire HROS1-Framework on the robot (or copy the netrme folder to your HROS1-Framework/Linux/projects/ folder and compile and run from there. The robot's application, netrme, is dependent on several components of the framework as it's a spin-off of the original rme program.

My Instagram
    My YouTube

10. Re: WinRME ( Robot Motion Editor for Windows )

Quote Originally Posted by r3n33 View Post
    copy the netrme folder to your HROS1-Framework/Linux/projects/ folder and compile and run from there
    Hi r3n33,

The above is what I did.

Your suggestion about the UDP ports remind me one thing, how WinRME knows the IP address of my HROS1? In putty, I entered the IP address and logged in, so I can use the rme and netrme. But in WinRME, I just clicked the exe, and there is no where to enter the IP address?

Shihui

Thread Information