Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3D printable models for the HR-OS1

Re: 3D printable models for the HR-OS1

I noticed that you are running pressure sensors in your feet. How is that working out?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LloydF View Post
    I noticed that you are running pressure sensors in your feet. How is that working out?
    They work great! The HR-OS1 FSR feet are just a first rough draft and I'd like to try adjusting the design to get the robot's weight back to the center of the foot. I cheated and moved the bracket up a few millimeters to get them assembled, programmed and tested. This moved the ankle pitch rotation axis forward on the foot. I can compensate with tuning but I'm wanting to get back to AX12 knees and get rid of the cooling fans anyway so Chap is mostly in a state of development.

The FSR firmware is working great and a demo in the framework has been adapted which streams the data to a web page hosted by the robot. I would like to update the design slightly and then post all the information needed to build your own. The total cost was just under $100 I believe.

Eventually what I'd like to see would be some body position compensation for the readings obtained by the feet and possibly fused with some inertial readings. Even if it was just a demo and not necessarily used in the walk gait.
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

3. Re: 3D printable models for the HR-OS1

All, I'm in the process of finishing a slightly more complex change for the head:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1326.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	6261

The P1 is modified so that the pan servo is between the shoulders. It has an added "collar" that protects the neck in case of a fall so that not all the impact is taken by the servo horn. This also helps guiding the cable from the pan servo to the tilt servo - you will see more detail when I'll finish.

The tilt servo is in the neck and the cable goes nicely through that skin.

The head is slightly modified - is not round but oval so that the cameras fit better as the curvature is less strong. Also the head is made of two parts: the bottom (which is in the picture) and the top (which is printing now...another 6 hours to go) making it much easier to work on the parts fitted in the head.

Now there is a lot of space in the head and you can see I have already included the spacers for the Pi:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1327.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	6262

The cable you are seeing is the normal Dynamixel bus coming from the tilt servo that will be used to power the Pi and the audio amplifier. I will use a prototyping Pi Hat where there will be 2 Murata regulators (one for PI and one for the amplifier, the amplifier itself and some MOLEX connectors).

Also in the head there will be 2 cameras (VGA) and the speakers. The cameras come with microphones - those will be unsoldered and wired on the sides. Hopefully that will help doing to audio triangulation.

I will post more pictures and the 3D files when I'm done with it.

Alex.

4. Re: 3D printable models for the HR-OS1

Quote Originally Posted by r3n33 View Post
    They work great! The HR-OS1 FSR feet are just a first rough draft and I'd like to try adjusting the design to get the robot's weight back to the center of the foot.
    r3n33, this is very interesting. I had it on my list to do. Do you use a controller board with an STM32F and feed the info through the Dynamixel chain, or are you using another approach?

Interestingly enough the original Darwin project is open source except the FSR implementation. My idea was to build a small board with a STM32F that would read the analog values from the 4 FSRs and implement the normal Dynamixel protocol to respond to commands as any other Dynamixel device. You can see the Robotis specification for their FSR controller here.

Alex.

Images

Wow! that new head base neck combination is looking great. I've been working on basically the same thing today while printing some of the armor. I'm about 90% finished, but I think I'll either modify it like yours, or scrap it and wait for yours. Either way, I'll need to modify it some as I got a couple of Odroid-XU4's delivered today and while it is basically about the same size as a Pi, the hole patterns are different. Gotta make at least one head with one it.

6. Re: 3D printable models for the HR-OS1

I've finished printing and it looks decent, but I do have to make some changes, the most important being that I want to place the Pi fixing standoffs in the top of the head, instead of the bottom as it is now. That will help with the cabling as all the stuff (speakers, cameras, microphones) will be in the top part of the head. Moving the Pi there (upside down) will make it simple to open and close the head - there is just the power cable coming from the neck.

@drachels: do you have any idea where I can find some dimensions for the Odroid-XU4 mounting holes and board layout? I can already include standoff for it too so there should be no need to change the model (it's actually a pain to change other peoples' models...).

Alex.

I am not drachels: but I do have Xu4 and probably plan to use on HROS1... Currently using C1...

But you can find a lot of information at: http://www.hardkernel.com/main/produ...9825&tab_idx=2

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sonel View Post
    I've finished printing and it looks decent, but I do have to make some changes, the most important being that I want to place the Pi fixing standoffs in the top of the head, instead of the bottom as it is now. That will help with the cabling as all the stuff (speakers, cameras, microphones) will be in the top part of the head. Moving the Pi there (upside down) will make it simple to open and close the head - there is just the power cable coming from the neck.

@drachels: do you have any idea where I can find some dimensions for the Odroid-XU4 mounting holes and board layout? I can already include standoff for it too so there should be no need to change the model (it's actually a pain to change other peoples' models...).

Alex.
    Hi Alex, the Odroid is a rectangle 59mm X 83mm and the holes are in each corner with the center-to-center of mounting holes 52mm and 76mm apart. More details are at http://www.hardkernel.com/main/produ...9825&tab_idx=2. I can't find it on the drawing, but the hole diameters appear to be 3.5mm.

Oh, and the height of the board is basically the same as a PI due to the stacked dual USB connector.
    Last edited by drachels; 11-06-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sonel View Post
    r3n33, this is very interesting. I had it on my list to do. Do you use a controller board with an STM32F and feed the info through the Dynamixel chain, or are you using another approach?

Interestingly enough the original Darwin project is open source except the FSR implementation. My idea was to build a small board with a STM32F that would read the analog values from the 4 FSRs and implement the normal Dynamixel protocol to respond to commands as any other Dynamixel device. You can see the Robotis specification for their FSR controller here.

Alex.
    Actually I have about 75% of a write up completed for creating your own FSR feet that I hope to finish soon. What I used was a Trinket Pro 5V and wrote a Dynamixel device driver. The full register table from Robotis was implemented as well as some other improvements.
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

With FSR feet this bot could literally stand on one foot.

Thread Information