Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Camera / Vision Processing (within the HR-OS1 Framework)

Images

Re: Camera / Vision Processing (within the HR-OS1 Framework)

It isn't all falls in my lil world of soccer In some more raw footage you can see I have a pretty stable walk gait. Since last night I threw a lot of new things at the robot and mostly need to improve my kicks and refine some parameters. Funny thing I've noticed.. 90% of the time when Chap walks to a ball and kicks it is on the left side which makes me think he is a lefty .

If you like the soccer rug you can find it on amazon as a kids area rug.

01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

Really nice work my man. Your using the edison setup right. The more I play with you're WinRME the more I like it, well done.
    Last edited by LloydF; 09-28-2015 at 06:39 AM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LloydF View Post
    Really nice work my man. Your using the edison setup right. The more I play with you're WinRME the more I like it, well done.
    I'm not a man but you are welcome. That's great you are getting use from WinRME. Development on that program has been on pause while I wait for feedback from the community (or until I *need* a new feature).

Getting back to vision processing. I've created another demo in my experimentation fork under Linux/project/tutorial/rgb_color_sensor

Granted it works best with one of my Dynamixel driven RGB hands ( I suppose that might deserve a new thread ) it will still output RGB values to terminal as well as give you a webpage to view the detection area and camera stream.

So this is just another way the camera can be used within the framework. Enjoy!

01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

Images

Nice work on the rather slow walk, looks good! Also great work on the RGB hands, cool to see the hands matching the ball. Does the hand have fixed or active gripper?
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    ---------------------------------
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Sometimes I forget whose thread I am on LOL. When you are over 65 you will understand.
    But I simply love your work and you're sharing ways.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Zenta View Post
    Nice work on the rather slow walk, looks good! Also great work on the RGB hands, cool to see the hands matching the ball. Does the hand have fixed or active gripper?
    I'll take a slow and steady walk over fast and troublesome. With the AX18's in the knees with cooling fans and ventilation holes he can walk around for about 20 minutes on a battery.

This little guy has fixed hands. Some true grippers would be super cool but I think I'd have to sacrifice too much of the current functionality to adapt the robot to a heavy arm or two. The LEDs controlled by a trinket only added a few grams, the exact weight I don't have yet but plan to present with the "RGB hand project".

Quote Originally Posted by LloydF View Post
    Sometimes I forget whose thread I am on LOL. When you are over 65 you will understand.
    But I simply love your work and you're sharing ways.
    Hahah you had a 99% chance of being correct on the robot forums I'm not going to say how close I am to that age but I certainly understand sometimes. Thanks again though. It's really nice when others get good use from your trails and tribulations!

My Instagram
    My YouTube

Images

Robotis XL-320 weigh only ~17g and pololu/sanyo micro gearmotors weigh only ~9g, so quite a bit smaller and lighter than an AX servo. There are also -5g (and sub-5g) micro hobby servos that could work pretty well for controlling a gripper given an appropriately designed gripper actuation mechanism.

A bit late, but that is a cute little rug. Of course, for a regulation RoboCup or HuroCup field, you would need a few rolls of cheap astroturf* to cover an area measuring ~7.4x5.4 meters. Flooring is kinda on my mind since I'm still cleaning the dark blue carpet in my workspace before adding new shelves to make it look less like a sprawling robot graveyard/junkyard/landfill. Besides being a PITA to clean and making it easy to lose small parts, the very thick pile carpet with thick, squishy carpet pad is not very conducive to current bipedal robots actually staying upright so probably going to cover some sections of the nice and clean carpet with foam exercise matting or foam puzzle flooring.

*Oddly, there is a (mostly storage) room in my basement already equipped with artificial turf that might actually be large enough for a regulation field, but it still has football markings because it was supposedly salvaged from one of the UGA fields (Woodruff?) 20+ years ago. IIRC, the nasty privet along the property line was also supposed to have been salvaged from some of the hedges at Sanford Stadium that were ripped up in 1996.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

Quote Originally Posted by r3n33 View Post
    I'll take a slow and steady walk over fast and troublesome. With the AX18's in the knees with cooling fans and ventilation holes he can walk around for about 20 minutes on a battery.
    I meant to also mention I like how yours is walking a lot better that the default walk. Any suggestions on what changes one needs to do to make ours walk in a similar way?

So far I am still running with all default AX-12s. I don't think I have killed any of them yet, but I know some of the time just having it stand up from the kneel that mine is normally at when not in use, one (maybe two) servos in the knees will start to blink...

Sure wish they would release something like a MX-12/18 that is not a W and fits in the same brackets!

Quote Originally Posted by r3n33 View Post
    I'm not going to say how close I am to that age but I certainly understand sometimes.
    I am pretty sure I am safe to say that I am a lot closer to that age and I totally understand.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tician View Post
    Robotis XL-320 weigh only ~17g and pololu/sanyo micro gearmotors weigh only ~9g, so quite a bit smaller and lighter than an AX servo. There are also -5g (and sub-5g) micro hobby servos that could work pretty well for controlling a gripper given an appropriately designed gripper actuation mechanism.

A bit late, but that is a cute little rug. Of course, for a regulation RoboCup or HuroCup field, you would need a few rolls of cheap astroturf* to cover an area measuring ~7.4x5.4 meters. Flooring is kinda on my mind since I'm still cleaning the dark blue carpet in my workspace before adding new shelves to make it look less like a sprawling robot graveyard/junkyard/landfill. Besides being a PITA to clean and making it easy to lose small parts, the very thick pile carpet with thick, squishy carpet pad is not very conducive to current bipedal robots actually staying upright so probably going to cover some sections of the nice and clean carpet with foam exercise matting or foam puzzle flooring.
    I totally agree about using some small servos and thanks for reminding me about the sub micros. I actually have 3x DSP33s that were never put to use. Goodness, I am already tempted to use them. Look at what you have done!

How cool would it be to see a group of OS1s playing a match? At my current maximum walk rate ( 8 to 10mm/s ) it looks like it might take them about 9-11 minutes to cover the 5.4 meter dimension. Awww. Maybe we can cut the size down by 4, relative to how much precision is lost going from MX servos to AX. Ha ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtEck View Post
    I meant to also mention I like how yours is walking a lot better that the default walk. Any suggestions on what changes one needs to do to make ours walk in a similar way?

So far I am still running with all default AX-12s. I don't think I have killed any of them yet, but I know some of the time just having it stand up from the kneel that mine is normally at when not in use, one (maybe two) servos in the knees will start to blink...
    Thanks Kurt I've actually put a good bit of time into making adjustments which means a number of things come into play with my current walk gait:

Obviously for one I put AX18s in the knees to help give a tiny bit more strength in that area while I was going to put it through a lot of tuning.

The other thing that was quite important to performing the walk tune was addressing the IMU readings. I'm not sure yet what step Trossen would like to take on getting these fixed ( ie update the Arbotix-Pro firmware so the output is correct or patch the Framework ) but it is essential. My fork of the repo is of course patched to accommodate in the meantime.

Another thing many beta testers have probably noticed if you pick up the robot while the walk gait is active the legs will likely shake like crazy. That is because the majority of the resistance has been removed and the compliance on the leg servos is pretty much set to maximum. While tuning ( and walking ) this is a huge problem because the robot's foot needs to leave the ground and when it does it introduces instability. So what I'm getting at is another change I've made that contributes to the success of my gait was setting the compliance slope to the default value. Now when the legs are off the ground they are considerably more stable.

Lastly I'd like point out a few things that became obvious to me after many hours of trials..

It takes patience ( and replacement gear sets ) to retune.
    *All* of the tuning parameters are important and you will learn them.
    The surface you tune on matters. Keep it consistent if you are going to retune.
    Slower is easier. Tuning parameter changes are easier to see when the cycle period is higher. Also AX servos seem smoother at lower speeds.
    Take videos along the way. If you have or have access to a camera that can take slow motion that is super helpful for review and comparison.

My Instagram
    My YouTube

Oh, wow I did not think of that, you are 100% on. One of the first bioloid upgrades was the AX18's in the legs making the GP line for combat and speed. Now how many do I have laying around here, hum, not tearing into my GP. So must get more .

Thread Information