Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: YATB - Yet Another Teensy Board :D

Re: YATB - Yet Another Teensy Board :D

Another FYI - with the Bec, there were some other people having boot issues with T3.6 with power from RECOM switching regulators.
    They fixed their issue by putting a 10nf cap between reset and gnd.

I tried it with the BEC but used the 220uf and it did boot, but it was slow to boot. Probably should look more in my cabinet for other caps...

220 uF through a 40 kOhm pull-up would have a time constant of 0.00022*40000 = 8.8 seconds!
    (You should always have 100 nF capacitors around, because every separate circuit needs one for de-coupling purposes.)

Yep ,

As I mentioned recently I was in one of those moods where I started to clear out a bunch of stuff, that I thought I would never use again. Earlier I did a few boards for T3.2, but earlier for some other processors like Atmega... And I think my box with all of the discrete through hole parts was a victim. I may be wrong and will find a box of parts hiding somewhere.

Otherwise may have to order up some others for breadboard usage.... (I did keep the Sparkfun resistor kit).

And with your calculations of 8.8 seconds, I think mine actually starts blinking in about 5 seconds. My guess is the voltage did not need to rise to the full 3.3v before it registered high

Kurt

P.S - I am still in that mood to clear out a bunch of stuff I probably won't use again, like several of my Lynxmotion Robots and other components, but I am conflicted between wanting to clear out the clutter and begin lazy.

Forgot to mention: Also as per Kare's question about will the Phoenix code still work fast enough with one of the IMU sensors reading in data?

I will also still be experimenting with using the BNO055, but also will use one of the other Sensor setups (https://www.tindie.com/products/oneh...sion-solution/) Which is in the mail. My understanding of these sensors is most of the sensor fusion is handled within the addon board itself and hopefully you can simply read out the current values using I2C...

Again will be fun to experiment.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KurtEck View Post
    P.S - I am still in that mood to clear out a bunch of stuff I probably won't use again, like several of my Lynxmotion Robots and other components, but I am conflicted between wanting to clear out the clutter and begin lazy.
    I know the feeling. A couple months ago I sold the Lynxmotion A-Pod. But so far I'm not willing to sell my prototypes or the red Lynxmotion Phoenix..

Quote Originally Posted by KurtEck View Post
    I will also still be experimenting with using the BNO055, but also will use one of the other Sensor setups (https://www.tindie.com/products/oneh...sion-solution/) Which is in the mail. My understanding of these sensors is most of the sensor fusion is handled within the addon board itself and hopefully you can simply read out the current values using I2C...
    Nice! The last one was interesting. Looking forward to read about your testings.
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    ---------------------------------
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Thanks Kåre,

The two Pololu DC to DC converters arrived. Plus the later IMU arrived.

Taking me awhile to do some things as I am also in the process of moving stuff over to a new PC. My other PC has been acting up for quite awhile, I believe I was getting a lot of disk errors, plus randomly the DVD drawer would open or close and thing were real slow... So figured it was time to update... Taking a bit of time to figure out how best to move things on this machine as the old machine had a 1tb hard drive and the new one has a 256gb ssd plus a 2tb hard drive. Plus when things moved, to the new machine the stuff that was under ...\kurt\xxx was moved to ..\kurt\OneDrive\xxx So several things have to be fixed up...

Thought I would play around with a version of the board that supports the Pololu VR as this would allow higher voltages...

Still playing around, but currently it looks something like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T3.2---RPI-Shield-V2a---Top.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	6895
    Have not yet decided to order and updated version yet. Also looking at how much I may want to change to be able to use the IMU with it. I think it can simply mount on top of Teensy but want to verify which pins are used and if I use those pins for other things

Still playing, decided not to mount the Ultimate Sensor Fusion sensor on top of the Teensy as to do so, would have you mount it such that SCL/SDA were on the Alternate pins and you would use two more IO pins A1 and A0 for 3.3v and GND and would mount to other pins on the other side of board...

So I decided to make room in the Analog pin side to mount the unit with 5 pin header (SDA, SCL, NC, 3.3v and GND). I then put in a 2 pin connector .6" away that only one pin is connected to A0, which can connect to INT pin of this unit... Also added optional PU resistors on bottom of board.

Now it is currently looking like:

Name:	T3.2---RPI-Shield-V2a---Top.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	6896
    If I build the board and want to use the IMU, I will probably use female headers for these and maybe not populate the other analog pins under where the IMU would mount or, maybe use tall headers for IMU if I think I need some access to these pins...

Images

Make sure the Fusion sensor can't flex. The only thing I can think of that would be worse than trying to manage a reactive mechanical load would be trying to manage ANY load given the data from a flexing sensor.

Maybe a daub of silicone RTV?

I'm VERY interested in your results with the Ultimate Fusion Sensor! I've purchased a couple, but plan to follow your lead.

Thanks,

I received the boards back from OSHPark and assembled one of them yesterday.

Name:	T3.2---RPI-Shield-V2-a-phot.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	6917
    Sorry about the poor picture... Not camera's fault

Just started testing it. So far I know I can talk to it like an Arbotix-pro and the Neopixel works... Currently testing over USB, soon will try plugging it into the RPI3... May then do more testing maybe using Odroid first and then try UP board.

I am setup to be able to plug in the IMU. Hopefully it should be pretty stable with 5 pin connector on one side and 2 pin on other. Assuming I did not screw up... Previously with Razor IMU on PhantomX, I only had two zip ties holding it.... So should be more secure!

Images

Hey Kurt! Regarding the buzzer, how are you driving it? I've laid out driving one via the Teensy 3.2's DAC output and in series with a 1k resistor (and it's off to be fab'd), but never modeled it. So I'm interested in your approach, and any current limiting you did...

Thread Information