Thread: My HR OS-1 falls a lot, can't pair PS3 to Intel Edison

My HR OS-1 falls a lot, can't pair PS3 to Intel Edison

Hi,
    I need a lot of help with my Intel Edison HR OS1 named Oscar.
    1) Using 'walk_tuner' > mon: my gyros seem to be indicateing backward.
    If I tilt Oscar forward, Gyro F/B indicates negative numbers, backward tilt indicates positive numbers.
    If he is tilted to the right, Gyro R/L indicates negative numbers, tilt to the left I get positive numbers.
    The accelerometers are also backward.
    Tilting forward/backward, the Accel R/L changes, tilting left/right, the Accel F/B changes.

What should I do?

2) ps3_demo problem: I have followed all the Troubleshooting steps, compiled ps3_demo, did 'rfkill unblock bluetooth', and unplugged the USB/Arbotix cable. Every time I do ' ./start_edison ', I get a "usb_get_busses: No such file or directory" message.

Any help will be appreciated.

BTW, I like the mechanical construction of the HR OS1 very much. Much better than the Robotis Bioloid Premium kit.
    Also, the video turorials made to date, are very good an easy to follow. Keep up the good work!

When the next Framework release be ready?

Thank you.

Re: My HR OS-1 falls a lot, can't pair PS3 to Intel Edison

Others may be able to answer this better than I can as I currently am not using the Edison, but will take a shot.

1) The user @r3n33 identified some issues with how the gyros and accel are working. She put up some information on the issue she opened up on the HROS1-Framework github project: https://github.com/Interbotix/HROS1-Framework/issues/11
    The issue has a link to a change to patch the code

2) Are you using the Image that Tiberius (Andrew) setup for the Edison that uses Bluez4? Or are you using your own Image? Note: I have been playing around trying to build a up to date image for the Edison that has FTDI built in (Not part of default image), plus some PS3 patches. So far I have not had much luck with this. I have better luck with RPI2 and Odroid C1 where I am using the sixad package and I have my own version of the PS3 code that is based directly on the Linux Joystick object (/dev/input/js0)...

I will try to get back to testing out the Edison again soon. Side Note: I was told by one of the main Intel people on the forum he has had good luck with the Sony Playstation 4 controller on the Edison... But...

Good Luck
    Kurt

@KurtEch,
    I saw the work that @r3n33 has done for the balancing issues. I may try to edit the files she modified using an IDE. Any recommendations?

Part of my PS3 problems were because I did not read the documentation properly.
    I am now getting the "./start_edison: line 7: bluetooth: command not found" message like in the thread Edison PS2 Controller Bluetooth Issues

I thank you for your efforts.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by OldBotBuilder View Post
    @KurtEch,
    I saw the work that @r3n33 has done for the balancing issues. I may try to edit the files she modified using an IDE. Any recommendations?

Part of my PS3 problems were because I did not read the documentation properly.
    I am now getting the "./start_edison: line 7: bluetooth: command not found" message like in the thread Edison PS2 Controller Bluetooth Issues

I thank you for your efforts.
    Are you using the image that ships with the robot? Or a different one? This sounds like you might be using the stock image.

Andrew,
    I just followed the instructions in the "Getting Started Guide -

Hi Andrew, I just downloaded the image off of: your sourceforge setup as well and flashed a backup Edison.
    I used the ./flashall.sh script in the directory and it looked like it went through fine, but...

I know that it is not the default Edison image as it has the FTDI driver installed.

However I first noticed an issue that the sixpair would not run as I needed to install the libusb-0.1-4 (or something like that) from Alex'ts repros... Once I did that the sixpair worked (I already did the rfkill unblock bluetooth).

I then tried running the start_edison script which failed (which I expected as I did not have the Arbotix-Pro connected to this Edison.
    But in addition, I also got the error:
    Code:
    ./start_edison: line 7: bluetoothd: command not found
    So I checked out a few things, like:
    Code:
    root@Edison:~/HROS1-Framework/Linux/project/ps3_demo# bluetoothctl -v
    Code:
    root@Edison:~/HROS1-Framework/Linux/project/ps3_demo# uname -a
    Linux Edison 3.10.17-yocto-standard #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 11 22:21:05 CST 2015 i686 GNU/Linux
    So it is the custom build and is still has bluez5 installed... . Example looking at an image I built, with current releases, it has the same bluetoothctl
    and similar kernel:
    Code:
    Linux Edison-HROS1 3.10.17-yocto-standard #2 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 15 17:48:20 PDT 2015 i686 GNU/Linux
    Again I can tell this is not this was not the default Intel image as the image name is "yocto-standard"

Will play some more tomorrow.

Kurt

7. Re: My HR OS-1 falls a lot, can't pair PS3 to Intel Edison

Hi!

I found out that you have to start the "./start_edison_bluez5" instead of "./start_edison" to get the ps3Demo working. So this is associated with the fact that you get bluez5 after the lib update.

By the way, how can I stop the demo? There is no "./stop_ps3_demo" in the framework code. Any solutions for that?

Thread Information