Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PhantomX MKIII - Phoenix code - single leg mode

Re: PhantomX MKIII - Phoenix code - single leg mode

Thanks Kåre,

I made that change to the Phantom_Phoenix project on github. Warning, I pushed up a few more changes that were on my machine, like to remove compiler warnings (add const to function header) as to remove warnings when you pass something like PrintMyStuff("MY");
    Also it looks like there was some partial stuff in my queue for semi supporting Octopod, which got pushed up as well. Hopefully everything works, as I don't have my PhantomX MK2 setup with an Arduino board like Arbotix or Teensy...

I will also fold some of these changes back into a few other of the projects as well. But warning, in some I was removing Single Leg mode as I typically don't use it... Also if you do, make sure the option for it is turned on.

Edit: As for github, you can always send me zip files or the like and I can take care of it. Also github for windows (or mac) is not too difficult to work with, unless something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenta View Post
    Hi,

Sorry for my late reply. I've been busy with other stuff and a business trip lately.
    Just got some free time now.
    Hi Kaere,
    Thank to your code changes, the solution is getting closer. Good news first...
    • The initial problem is gone.
    • With the help of both joysticks the selected leg can be moved to its intended positions
    • Right joystick works fine, the leg follows the y-axis with up and down movements.

Left joystick still behaves a bit strange...

Middle legs:
    • Joytisck up/down = Leg turns left/right
    • Joystick left/right = Leg stretches / shortens
    • Joystick's x and y axis "just" seem to be twisted

Other legs:
    • Joystick up/down = Leg stretches/turns
    • Joystick left/right = Leg turns(Stretches
    • Meaning that e.g. for the turning motion one direction is assigned to the x-axis, while the other direction is assigned to y-axis

Best regards,
    Sven

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wfsj55 View Post
    Left joystick still behaves a bit strange...

Middle legs:
    • Joytisck up/down = Leg turns left/right
    • Joystick left/right = Leg stretches / shortens
    • Joystick's x and y axis "just" seem to be twisted

Other legs:
    • Joystick up/down = Leg stretches/turns
    • Joystick left/right = Leg turns(Stretches
    • Meaning that e.g. for the turning motion one direction is assigned to the x-axis, while the other direction is assigned to y-axis
    The single leg mode gives you directly control of the xzy coordinates. As long as the IK solution is ok the foot will move in a straight line along the X and Z axis. Moving left joystick up/down makes the leg move along the Z axis. The leg does not turn in single leg mode (it just look like that).

I did found another minor error in the single leg code though. The left legs need to be reversed (X-coords). I did try an Github update on the serial code. Hopefully Kurt will notice this.

The code should be like this:
    Code:
    if (g_InControlState.SelectedLeg >= (CNT_LEGS / 2)) {//Must be reversed for left legs                
    LegPosX[g_InControlState.SelectedLeg] = (short)pgm_read_word(&cInitPosX[g_InControlState.SelectedLeg]) - g_InControlState.SLLeg.x;
                }
                else{
                    LegPosX[g_InControlState.SelectedLeg] = (short)pgm_read_word(&cInitPosX[g_InControlState.SelectedLeg]) + g_InControlState.SLLeg.x;
                }
    I'm not sure about the X and Y being twisted?

I've tested the single leg mode to be ok. There might be other issues I can't see, as mentioned before currently I'm not using the same code (I'm using serial and serial float for Teensy).
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    ---------------------------------
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Thanks Zenta,

I will try to merge in your changes and also try to propagate similar ones... Which github did you update?
    When I look up at github.com\zenta it does not show any commits in the last year.

Thanks again!

Thread Information