Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UP Board

Re: UP Board

Again I don't have schematic, but was told they do have at least a poly-fuse and then voltage regulator...

I did try applying 5v to RPI like header pins and the 3.3v pins show correctly so some of it is still working. But not sure what else.
    Does not appear to boot up to the WIFI... Not sure I wish to plug it into HDMI to see if anything shows up... But may with monitor I don't care if I fry...

... I did try with monitor that I don't care about and nothing (as I suspected would happen).

It was sort of interesting yesterday, that when I made the order for the replacement plus a few extras.

When I completed the order, at the end of my order it took me to a page showing what turned out to be a test for a flash sale, which if it was real I would probably have ordered...

Realsense R200 with UP board, cable and power supply for $120)... So I contacted them...

Turned out it was just a test and not a real product code or I would have been able to add it to order... Note they do sell the higher end Realsense camera: http://up-shop.org/home/117-up-zr300...ement-kit.html

In one of my replies to them, I mentioned that I thought it would be a nice product as currently the Turtlebot-3 waffle shows this camera with Intel Joule, which we know is in the process of being discontinued.

I received a response from them of: Very soon you will hear some update about UP and Turtlebot3. :-)

And later this morning they send out email to their list announcing a Summer Flash sale starting at midnight tonight (not sure whose midnight). http://up-shop.org/

So who knows what they will have up there.

Aluminum chassis + up2 might make for a good home theater PC. Or perhaps a 3D printer runner. (I have a little AMD-based Z-box from many years ago that initially went on the first Onyx walker doing that duty right now. It's very slow.)
    Then again, at $200-$300, there are NUCs with similar capability and price, available from Amazon ... like http://amzn.to/2tjOIKv
    You'd need to use USB for the Teensy, though; no RPi header.
    Last edited by jwatte; 07-20-2017 at 02:52 PM.

My UP2 board arrived. First thing that hit me, is how much more bulky this board is versus the first UP board.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up Boards.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	7083

There is an RPI3 sitting behind the UP2.

They grew the board in one direction, but the but difference is the size of the Heatsink below the board. It also came with a case, which I had it in, but yesterday I received a Wifi/BT board, like you use in a portable which I installed. Not sure yet about Ant. I purchased a couple of external ones to plug in, but they are rather bulky.

Now back to playing

Thread Information