Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto shutdown

Re: Auto shutdown

The problem with "breakout" boards is that they add bulk. For these bots, shrinking everything into a single device is major space savings!

Images

Depends, if there was going to be empty space above the board anyway, then it doesn't really matter. I'll prolly pick one up just to try it out. The terminals are enough to make me want it, but the built-in prototyping areas are a nice feature as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwatte
    The problem with "breakout" boards is that they add bulk. For these bots, shrinking everything into a single device is major space savings!
    I totally agree. Right now on my PhantomX, I have a total stackup of boards, with ODroid with Adapter to fit PhantomX Hole patterns, with a Level shifter board, then another adapter to stack the Arobotix Pro above it, plus another adapter, to add the XV Lidar, and you still have a BEC hanging off the side, plus other dongles and their corresponding cables...

Quote Originally Posted by "_ADAM_"
    Depends, if there was going to be empty space above the board anyway, then it doesn't really matter. I'll prolly pick one up just to try it out. The terminals are enough to make me want it, but the built-in prototyping areas are a nice feature as well
    For me it depends on what all you wish to connect up to...

There are lots of interesting options out there, including several from PI 2 Design, like:
    http://www.pi2design.com/store/p3/50...gs_Shield.html

But if you do get one, it will be interesting to see how it works out.

Images

The IoT shield looks interesting, thanks for the link. I actually ordered a Pi-EzConnect today.

Images

I had to get very creative on board placement on the phantomX. In some places I had only a few mm clearance.

Images

That's pretty crowded! I have the MK III, which seems to have a lot more open space.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    That's pretty crowded! I have the MK III, which seems to have a lot more open space.
    The MK2 and MK3 are the same size, but the difference here, is that all of his electronics are inside the body, which makes a nice clean look. He has the battery on top as you can see in another of his photos:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor_original.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	6605
    Also with the MK2 or MK3 they have an option for a third deck. Earlier I used this on the MK2, but so far resisting on MK3.

Images

Kurt is right I wanted that clean look and easy access to the battery. Although as you can imagine getting to the ports after it was all buttoned up was a bit of a challenge. That was a lot of screws. As Kurt mentioned MK1, MK2 and MK3 all have the same dimensions. After I showed Golem with his multiple decks to Trossen they thought it was a good idea to have another deck.

Thread Information