Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Py4bot - a Python Framework for Multi-Legs Robots

1. Re: Py4bot - a Python Framework for Multi-Legs Robots

Quote Originally Posted by fma View Post
    Yes, Py4bot is written for Python2.x. It may be easy to switch to Python3.x, but I had issues with recent visual packages (at least on my debian), that's why I didn't use Python3.x...

As said before, evdev could be replaced by inputs, but as it does not work on MacOS, it does not worth the effort.

I really suggest you deploy Py4bot on your Pi, it will be easier, and you will have a running hexapod.
    I'll definitely be trying it on my RPi2 this week - just looking at alternatives for developments sake as I use those platforms as well.

2. Re: Py4bot - a Python Framework for Multi-Legs Robots

Quote Originally Posted by scprotz View Post
    I'll definitely be trying it on my RPi2 this week - just looking at alternatives for developments sake as I use those platforms as well.
    So I was trying it on my RPi. I'm running the most current Raspbian. I grabbed the current build, but it uses 'visual'. For RPi, when I did 'sudo apt-get install visual' it said there was no package available. Since visual was changed to vpython, I did 'sudo apt-get install vpython', but this didn't solve the 'visual' dependencies (I tried changing visual to vpython in the code, but it says it won't run on 2.7 unless it is in Jupyter (which seems excessive for a hexapod bot using an RPi).

I'll do some more research, but if you have any suggestions, or maybe I grabbed the wrong 'visual' for my python - 2.7.13 on RPi.

Re: Py4bot - a Python Framework for Multi-Legs Robots

'visual' package is named 'python-visual'.

4. Re: Py4bot - a Python Framework for Multi-Legs Robots

Yes. Sorry, tried 'sudo apt-get install python-visual' on an RPi with newest Raspian (Stretch) and it won't run on 2.7.13. Has an error: ValueError:The truth value of an array with more than one element is ambiguous.Use a.any()or a.all()

So I think there is a problem with python-visual for Arm (RPi 2) right now. It has this problem even if I just go to a python console and just type 'import visual' . This doesn't have anything to do with Py4Bot but rather with the visual package available right now for Raspbian.

Not sure what to do if the package is broken.

Ok. In another hand, I don't know if the Pi is fast enough to run the simulation smoothly... But at least, you can run Py4bot core.

Feel free to ask if you have any problem to configure it. BTW, may I ask you what robot you are building?

6. Re: Py4bot - a Python Framework for Multi-Legs Robots

Quote Originally Posted by fma View Post
    Ok. In another hand, I don't know if the Pi is fast enough to run the simulation smoothly... But at least, you can run Py4bot core.

Feel free to ask if you have any problem to configure it. BTW, may I ask you what robot you are building?

I've built this one from sainsmart:

https://www.sainsmart.com/products/h...g-spider-robot

Same frame - some sainsmart servos, some other cheap servos as well.

I'll try the simulation on a full ubuntu desktop and see how that works. I just wanted to understand the code a bit better (I'm not quite sure how to set up the servo calibration as per tutorial 3 just yet and have burned out a few servos in the past taking them past their limits, so want to be careful before I turn a program loose on the hexapod).

7. Re: Py4bot - a Python Framework for Multi-Legs Robots

So I got the code up on Ubuntu 16.04 on a Laptop for now (I wanted to test Robot3D first).

I don't have the Thrustmaster or the DragonRise. I was going to add the Logitech F710. Following Tutorial 4, I noticed the git doesn't have the code for the file py4bot-gui-evcal.py.It looks like I need this script to do the joystick calibration. suggestions?

NEVERMIND - found it. For whatever reason the scripts directory wasn't getting properly added to my folder in PyDev.

Sharpa Guest

Hello,
    I am having trouble on tutorial 3.I saw that in your calibration script Pololu maestro isn't there as an option.
    I tried modifying the script so that will work on maestro driver but had no succes.

Can somebody give me some advice? Or maybe explain me how the script works.I'm confused with classes inheriting from one file to another.

Thread Information