Thread: Purchase Darwin-OP parts?

1. Purchase Darwin-OP parts?

Hi,

May I post a question here regarding purchasing Darwin-OP parts?

We are trying to build a Darwin-OP and we currently have FitPC, purchased from Compulab. We still need 4 parts:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	155 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	6692
    We look through the product part and cannot find exact match. May I ask that is there a way to buy it somewhere, or their counterparts?

Also, if someone has the schematic of PCB of them that would be perfect. We do find the circuit design here
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/dar...ronics/Boards/
    But there's no PCB design.

Thank you!

Re: Purchase Darwin-OP parts?

Sorry, maybe others may have more information,

For awhile Trossen was selling the Arbotix-Pro: http://www.trossenrobotics.com/c/arb...ntrollers.aspx
    Which is sort of a CM730 replacement. I see the product is on hold. Not sure what their plans are. They developed this for the HR-OS1 product: http://www.trossenrobotics.com/HR-OS1

I have been playing around with rolling my own stuff using Teensy processors and my own code base, to replace the Arbotix-Pro.

As for the other parts, not sure what is all on them, or how much you really need them.

Images

The CM-730 is the only part that is 'necessary' for using the DARwIn-OP framework, but not required for using ROS or other software. The Arbotix-Pro is a drop-in replacement for the CM-730 created to enable the HROS-1 and HROS-5 to utilize the DARwIn-OP framework as a starting point without needing to waste money buying the complete DARwIn-OP electronics kit. darkback2 probably still has a CM-730 that might not be getting much use, and I have an Arbotix-Pro getting no use since initial testing.

The Head and Back PCBs are just some LEDs for the eyes and a few easier to access buttons on the back. The power switch PCB is just a rocker switch with a few passives to isolate the battery from the 12V barrel jack when it is plugged in. The power switch PCB only uses the jack's built-in switch, so it does not care if plug is actually powered. This means if you insert any barrel plug into the jack (whether powered or not), then the battery will be disconnected (an accidental poweroff if 12V supply not plugged into the wall).

The fitpc2i-sbc is not necessary and very much obsolete. The newer versions of the RaspberryPi are much cheaper, more powerful, smaller, and already used by others with the DARwIn-OP framework for humanoids as well as ROS. You only need two USB ports for the required components of the DARwIn-OP framework: one for the webcam and one for the CM-730/Arbotix-Pro. Note: the fitpc2i-sbc can be powered by an unregulated 12V supply and the RPi can only be powered by a relatively well regulated 5V supply. The Arbotix-Pro can only source ~1.4A of 5V power with its on-board regulator, so it can power an RPi but might not be sufficient to power an RPi2 or RPi3 (would require an external, higher power 5V supply; like a hobby BEC with 5V output).
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

Images

I believe the Arbotix-Pro is on hold until an updated version is released. Andrew is working on some improvements to the design.
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

5. Re: Purchase Darwin-OP parts?

Quote Originally Posted by maynight View Post
    We are trying to build a Darwin-OP and we currently have FitPC, purchased from Compulab. We still need 4 parts:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	155 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	6692
    We look through the product part and cannot find exact match. May I ask that is there a way to buy it somewhere, or their counterparts?
    The FitPC and CM730 are no longer used and have been upgraded for the ROBOTIS OP2 (AAEON PICO-CV01 without the VGA connector and CM740). The CM740 is a lot smaller, but its not clear if or how it changed functionally.

Suggest using the HR-OS1 or HR-OS5 robot electronics instead.

As the Arbotix-Pro is not currently available, you could use an OpenCM 9.04 with an LSM9DS0 and OpenCM 485 which provides LEDs, momentary switches and a power switch.

You really don't need the CM730 MIC and sound parts. Not sure if a CM740 has them.

If your going to spin custom head or back boards, I would use RGB LED's as it requires less wires.
    Last edited by vehemens; 09-29-2016 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Added HR-OS1

6. Re: Purchase Darwin-OP parts?

Quote Originally Posted by vehemens View Post

As the Arbotix-Pro is not currently available, you could use an OpenCM 9.04 with an LSM9DS0 and OpenCM 485 which provides LEDs, momentary switches and a power switch.
    I'm also trying to build an arbotix-pro or CM-730 equivalent using OpenCM 9.04 and OpenCm 485, but I have a trouble when try to compile your code I found in
    https://github.com/vehemens/baby_overlord.

Could you please give a more detailed how-to about that?especially using windows based stm32 compiler/IDE?

7. Re: Purchase Darwin-OP parts?

Quote Originally Posted by wiweet View Post
    I'm also trying to build an arbotix-pro or CM-730 equivalent using OpenCM 9.04 and OpenCm 485, but I have a trouble when try to compile your code I found in
    https://github.com/vehemens/baby_overlord.

Could you please give a more detailed how-to about that?especially using windows based stm32 compiler/IDE?
    My build system is Fedora 22 with the arm tool chain and I use openocd to program the processor. Typing arm-none-eabi-gcc -v says it's version 5.2.0.

Don't use IDE anymore because it did not work very well and building with make was sufficient for my needs.

Both the external and internal usb versions build on my system.

Thread Information