Thread: How to do the fine calibration of a Quadbot using Phoenix Code

How to do the fine calibration of a Quadbot using Phoenix Code

As asked in the heading:

How to do the fine calibration of a Quadbot using Phoenix Code? The RoborGeek servos I'm using is not perfect, small difference in the angle of the legs.

Is there a way to make the body of the quad move more to the side in the balance mode?

Thanks All!

Re: How to do the fine calibration of a Quadbot using Phoenix Code

Sorry, I don't remember your configuration. For example are you using an SSC-32 to control the servos or something else. My vague memory says something else. Also don't remember which processor you are using. Again warning I have not done anything with RC servos in a long long time.

But for small offsets of servos, to make everything square, there is code in the Phoenix_Driver_SSC32.h, that is optionally compiled in that assuming you have a processor like a Teensy or Arduino Mega or ... that you configured up for to allow Terminal commands to be input, there is an Optional set of code OPT_FIND_SERVO_OFFSETS, which may be compiled out for code space...

But it sort of cryptically allows you to use the keyboard to toggle through the different servos, and adjust their zero position and save this away into the SSC-32 EEPROM, which is used to offset the servos. I have done some similar code for some other drivers I have used like Orion, but not sure what code you are running.

There is also code in place in the driver to convert a servo desired position in degrees to servo units. Right now in SSC-32 I am just using one set of Multiplier/Divisor add to convert for all servos. This code could be changed to make this table driven per servos.

I am really rusty on the Quad code so not sure where to change to body move code in balance mode.

Thread Information