Thread: HR-OS1 just getting started

1. HR-OS1 just getting started

Hi all, I have been reading for a while, but this is my first post.

I got interested in "Jimmy" when I saw some of the PR videos around the project and read the fiction around the character. Fun stuff, and I being a tinkerer I finally started assembling one with my 3D printer. I have the Pi, arbotix pro, a handful of AX-12's etc. I started with the body and head. I got the software installed and built and it seems to be responding to the ball tracker app, but I have some problems. The servos are really trying too hard - very fast head tracking which seems crazy, and I also seem to have a problem with the head rotation being backwards?? Any thoughts? Which file would I edit to tell it the head rotation should be reversed ? (note .. I have one of the experimental neck/head installed which dropped the rotation servo between the shoulders.)

Also, when running the app I have had it twitch the servo really fast causing the pi to reboot. I am assuming the controller must not be getting enough power from my little wall wart ?

Thanks in advance.

Drew

2. Re: HR-OS1 just getting started

Okay, I found most of what I was looking for after some experimentation today! Most of my questions were buried in other threads, and I have the camera working as it is supposed to now. I also went to r3n33's version of the framework which has a lot more toys to play with, but is also likely going to cost me a lot more $! Thanks for that! I also decided to start printing a smaller version of Jimmy's head. The big one just seemed to have a bit too much momentum when swinging around, and I think is a little much for the little guy. I am also going to go back to a more standard neck arrangement I think, though I will keep the pan servo between the shoulders as that makes more sense. I also have confirmed the power supply is just not putting out enough juice. That is easily corrected. Now to start on the arms!

Images

Re: HR-OS1 just getting started

Sounds like you have made forward progress on your own. Indeed a good number of questions have been answered in other threads and with everything open source you can dig in and find some solutions to non-standard issues with your own experimentation.

From what I recall a bit of what I was adding into the HR-OS1 framework was available with the Darwin-OP but had not yet been explored on the OS1 platform.

If you get stuck again let us know and I'll try to help out.
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

Thread Information